It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:31

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 20:10 

EVO85 wrote:
The turbo's not too big

i was thinking that when i said it.. your running a td-05 hotside aint ya with 20g cold... should pull like a mofo

EVO85 wrote:
It's my solenoid on my EBC that's the issue. The turbo start building boost between 3500-4000rpm but it's only at around 10-12psi, then when it hits 6000rpm, it shoots up to 16-18 psi. When I get that sorted, I can play with the cam timing to give it the midrange and torque that 4G63T's are known for; then I can start aiming for 250kw's..

sounds like a good plan... i think you will get there no worries once you get that sorted ;) i'd be thinking once the ebc is sorted it will start climbing and topping out earlier

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 23:57 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
This was the first run and the only video that was taken...with 214 measily kilowatts at the front wheels...

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 09:49 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Good start mate, 26kw more than my old beastie. What do you think she'll end up making?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 18:50 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: Evo 8
Sorry the only decent vid I have of it was the lowest power it made on the day. Atleast it sounds tough and made better power than that. And a 'measly' 214kw atw....I'm cheerin with my 203kw atw.
I reckon with a good tune and say 19psi I rekcon you'll get to 250kw atw, then your turbo will be holding you back.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008, 23:17 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

looks unreal mate! :) hehe

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2008, 14:13 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Your car: DOHC 4G63 85 AB GSR
One word for you mate, jelous! Sounds tough on that dyno too.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2008, 18:40 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Grumbly wrote:
Good start mate, 26kw more than my old beastie. What do you think she'll end up making?

Well, the turbos rated at 400hp so i'd say that i'd be governed by that. The engine, injectors and other supporting mods should be capable of supporting around 450hp. I guess it all depends on what power is lost through the drivetrain. I'd say anywhere between 240-260kw's at the wheels is the figure it should eventually be making...and that's more than enough.

Jon wrote:
Sorry the only decent vid I have of it was the lowest power it made on the day. Atleast it sounds tough and made better power than that. And a 'measly' 214kw atw....I'm cheerin with my 203kw atw.
I reckon with a good tune and say 19psi I rekcon you'll get to 250kw atw, then your turbo will be holding you back.

It's all good mate; i'm glad you got a photo of it, let alone a video. :P

Also, just remember that your 203kw's was at '4 wheels' and not just the two, so there would be bugger all difference in the flywheel figure between both cars.

I am definately not looking to upgrade turbos in the future, just more fine tuning, 3000GT brakes(still in the motion) suspension work and then possibly stripping the interior... :P

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2008, 22:38 

What exactly you after brad? It looks good, it hammers... i'd only strip the interior if you wanted to go all out race setup? You already seem to have a damn nice interior! maybe just remove rear seat and fit a 1/2 cage? :P

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2008, 16:25 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

There's quite a few things he can do tastefully if he wants the interior out but. However, it may need to be re-engineered as a 2-seater if he wants a cage in; more money, more problems.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2008, 19:57 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Sylent Nyte wrote:
There's quite a few things he can do tastefully if he wants the interior out but. However, it may need to be re-engineered as a 2-seater if he wants a cage in; more money, more problems.

D3bb4 wrote:
What exactly you after brad? It looks good, it hammers... i'd only strip the interior if you wanted to go all out race setup? You already seem to have a damn nice interior! maybe just remove rear seat and fit a 1/2 cage? :P

I guess it hinges on how competitive I can make it around the track in 'street trim'. It's obviously not difficult to remove the rear seat, passenger seat and unnecessary audio gear to shave around 50kg's. I am aware that removing the rear seats in order to convert it to a 2-seater will require engineering as will a roll cage. I'll also consider this option if my car ever happens to get defected.

The interior is in pretty good condition, but it's actually very standard. The mods are simply bolt-on gear that can easily be swapped in favour of another car, whereas the body, everything under the hood and underneath the car is all a custom affair....

I'm just 'trying' to iron out a few issues ATM...and fix the damage to the bodywork!!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 19:47 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Things are starting to get a little bit more serious now. I've been desperate for some new rubber on the front for a while and the rears have around 80% tread, so i've rotated the tyres; the shitty original Maxxis tyres on the front and a brand new set of Bridgestone RE55 semi-slicks on the rear (don't ask me how much they cost!!). I just need to find a nice (private) carpark or road where I can roast the POS Maxxis fronts before I can have semis on all four corners and hit the track! :)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2008, 20:01 

what profile are they!?! looks like 4wd rear :P

Damn expensive rubber. Hopefully you get good life outa 'em though. You get a hard compound version? That thing's gonna be a bitch in the wet!!!!!!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2008, 22:09 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

D3bb4 wrote:
what profile are they!?! looks like 4wd rear :P

Damn expensive rubber. Hopefully you get good life outa 'em though. You get a hard compound version? That thing's gonna be a bitch in the wet!!!!!!

They're 215/45/17's - cost $442 each! :shock: They are the hard version, but they're so soft that they pick up everything on the road and flick it under the guards. I'm trying not to drive it in the wet - my hi-lux daily driver cops most of the elements. :P

Adelaide International Raceway is supposed to re-opened soon; it would be great to squeeze and 11 second quarter mile out of it. With ordinary front tyres and only one attempt it posted 0-100km/h in 4.45 secs...

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008, 20:56 

thas bloody impressive man. good luck with it :D

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 19:57 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Some of you may or may not have noticed that a little while back my car was attacked by vandals...

Anyway, the car rolled out of the panel shop today - panels repaired and a fresh coat of paint. I also had some more work performed to bring it up to standard due to 4 years of wear and tear. I am particularly fussy when it comes to body and paintwork - it was funny to see the sweat pour off of the brow of the panel beater when I pulled out a vernier gauge and a microscope!! Anyway, i'm just glad it's back to normal! :P

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 20:13 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

That's some damned good panel and paint work. If you're going to track this Brad, you might want to invest in one of those stick-on Car Bra's(the transparent kind) Because the first time you meet the kitty litter, all the work on the nose is gonna go to waste(and no, no-one escapes the Kitty Litter :twisted:)

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 20:23 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Thanks mate! Protecting the paintwork is definately of a concern, but the thought of ploughing into a concrete barrier gives me nightmares!

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 21:07 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Just look where you want to go, even if things get out of shape. I'd recommend a high performance driving course as well before you go on yourself, as it'll save you plenty by way of mechanical wear and repairs(it'll also play a big part in saving you from those pesky concrete barriers LOL)

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 10:18 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Hmmm....Just a thought.......

Interested in doing a photo shoot on your car? I may even be able to organise a model.....

Let me know

grumbly@adam.com.au

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 11:02 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hot car, awesome work! good to see the body work fixed now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next