It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:41

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011, 19:08 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: 1984 AA customer paint and some small custome body mods
hey guys and gir

i just wanted to gauge some feed back to see what we can to to bring this place back to what it was like in its hay day??

back in 2008 they had it up to 51 user on line now thats nothing really. i know i love cordia as much as the next person may be we need to expand this place and or change up the home page as i know this has been talked about over the last few months KHAM.

lests make this forum alive again i know i am on it every day and i know there are many members that are the same.

my first thought is a page for cordia mods how you did it step by step and the out come does not have to be power could be a body mod. but any thing that tricks up your cordia

All my Cordia Parts For Sale make an Offer
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15917

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 02:26 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
well i don't think we have 50 active members to start with now, no one seemed pleased with grabbing the reins and revamping the site

btw the previous record was 256 or something like before the reset in 08 lol.

Something new on the main page may help us alot, an old guy i bumped into a few weeks ago said he checked the site out around mid last year but it hadn't changed for so long he dismissed it.

a definitive LINK to the faq section from the main page would be good or a web page with simple faqs could be really good, some people would hit the site and not want to go on the forum perhaps thinking it wont help them.

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 02:38 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: FRONTN
I think the P-plate rule killed the Cordia's or perhaps they're getting a little too old?

For the current users perhaps lets say we should update our pages on a weekly basis?

PS: Lol @ spell check, it doesn't even know what a "Cordia" is.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 05:08 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Your car: UFO
Hey Tim we almost have the same post count, lol.

To legally drive a cordia on your p-plates, you must apply for an exemption from Vicroads. This is quite a simple procedure, you practically fill out some paperwork, send it in, then an engineer goes through your information and decides whether or not you are applicable to drive that certain vehicle.

In the cordia owners case; The cordia is classified as a low powered turbocharged vehicle as it does not exceed the allowable 100kw per tonne rule for 2door sports cars, therefore is exempt.

cordiaaaturbo wrote:
a definitive LINK to the faq section from the main page would be good or a web page with simple faqs could be really good, some people would hit the site and not want to go on the forum perhaps thinking it wont help them.

IMO it is faaar too late for this, more than half the photos have disappeared (over the years) and some of the links are probably dead by now, it will turn people off.

The cordia forums (not only this one) bit the dust far too long ago, maybe it was because of age, maybe it wasn’t, who knows. However making change now will (IMO) do very little to bring them back and because of this will be time well wasted. On the other hand, it might help keep the members we already have (which is very important). Someone needs to realise that if the forum remains the way it is, it will probably hit the shitter sooner than expected.

One last note, fair enough our mods log on from time to time, but members can do this also. WE NEED MORE MODS WHO ACTUALLY MODERATE THIS SITE!

Not pointing fingers and mean no disrespect, just stating the facts.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 06:46 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

very tue guys some things needs to happen now.

may be a link explaning p plan lawys for a cordia that will gauge some intrest

for old members may be a link to storys back in the day get them involeved if they hit the site get them talking about there past expereancys.

i know a lot of the old guys have a heap of info that would be grate if they where back on board

may be expand the list of cars we have on the forum.
i know we get almost ant thing with a 4g62-4g63
bust there is heps bing done atm cc turbo coups any thing crazy.

i mod that was on every day and wasz very hand with forms would be the first real step to getting this to happen and i think we all know who has the most pasion for cordia and knowes almost ant thing.

do we all have to Pm Kham to get our case hear and make Bitza a mod??

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 10:42 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

What about a separate section for build-up and/or restoration threads?
It'd be good to have them in one place for convenience...
I find those threads the most interesting and inspirational. Just a thought. :)

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 11:32 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

very true it would be nice to go to one place and see what every one is working on there are some nice cars being built atm.

there are a lot of good ideas hear people we need to get them put in to action

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 13:07 

perhaps even update the feature articles with say bitza plysha gsr-007 tqrstr and who ever else is doing big rebuilds and stuff

its never to late to do anything, i have been trying to get u louses to meet up but no one commits, thats a big let down too..

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 13:12 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

very true mate i done have a car this has been my only problem

when your car is all fixed up will will have a nice cruze

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 13:23 

meh i'll cruise with it smashed if i have to still drives great :D and all lights work.....

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 13:29 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

hehe lucky as mate

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 17:46 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Cordia Turbo AC GSR,
Wrecked AB GSR,
CB GSR,
VZ Acclaim Wagon
I Dunno about having a front page at all to be honest. Couldn't we just do without it and start from the forum itself? I mean the front doesn't get updated anyways so why not just get people straight into the action?
I would like the "Forum" main screen to have the "Feature Cars" Section from the front page as a subforum in which only cars that are voted in as being exceptional in some way, shape or form, Can be shown exclusively. Instead of buried in the members rides, or introductions or car photos thread, whatever it is its very confusing having all of those similar threads around, To be honest i think i put my ride in the wrong link!
I have loads of ideas, As i'm sure we all do, But we need someone to do something! Even just give me a demo version of the page layout to fiddle with and submit for everyone to see what the site could be?
I dunno, how about i submit some well formatted sites and we start from the basics and add thread topics as we go?
Is any of this even possibe Kham/mods??????

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 20:39 

were posting in the wrong forum atm kham wont see this. needs to be in the suggestions section, mods please move this....

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 21:18 

moved... i am in kerang atm at the farm trying to stop the farm (and some friends farms) from getting flooded... most days i am on twice a day aside from occasions like this...

i really dont think there is much that can be done, cordias just aint around anymore... and you need the critical mass of people to get the members here, and these days it seems people dont register and say hello etc, they just lurk around and when there is a question that they can find answers to they will post a abstract question about how their car started missing and all they did was change something completly unrelated, upon some probing from members it then turns out that they did something like add a boost controller or cooler because thats the thing to do because thats what they do in the movies and have screwed something...

i'm sorry to say guys but the cordia scene is dying, the best thing we can do is keep our cars and look after them and fly the flag proudly

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 22:27 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

can we not open the doors to other cars. oldmember rides section most people moved on to vr4's evo's we could open up that path to bring back some old school members.

but i do understand what ya mean mate its getting hard

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011, 12:40 

then we would be competeing with t4g but very true

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011, 14:19 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: FRONTN
Yep these things happen to forums, unfortunately. eg: There was a RVR forum that went down and now they're all on 4Gtuner, I believe also happened to the Proton GTi forum?

Austarion has not had alot of movement too in the last few yrs. I am one of the members who have purchased a later model car and am happy to post a build thread. IF we were to go ahead and open a new section, I say this should be strictly to contributing previous/current members.

Perhaps we should also have a Cordia engine bay pics thread? (Just so, I don't have to go through everyone's pages to look for them) Lol.

PS: Lol @ spell check, it doesn't even know what a "Cordia" is.

Last edited by FRONTN on 01 Feb 2011, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 00:32 
Administrator
Administrator

I hear what you're all saying regarding a revamp of the main site. This is on the cards but I can't give a time frame. My plan though is to clean up, reorganise and simplify the main content so that it primarily acts as a resource for basic information, stats and data on the Cordia. For other things like custom builds, members' cars etc will all point to the forum.

With regards to adding new sections/sub forums to this forum, I'm happy to do this as long as there are enough members who are for it. I suggest creating a poll (in Forum Feedback, Support & Updates) to gauge member interest. If there's enough interest I'll add it.

An alternative to creating a new section/sub forum is to simply create a new thread yourself and ask a moderator or myself to make it a Sticky if it warrants that. You'll need to provide a reason as to why you feel that it should be a Sticky.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 18:43 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

It's hard to get new members with other types of cars, even though I personally have nothing against this. The forum is called Cordiapower, so that really only gets interest from Cordia owners. The cars that have the most in common with Cordias, ie. Starion and Sigma have there own forums, old school Galants are pretty rare now and Tredias don't seem to have any following. Newer Mitsubishis don't really have a lot in common with Cordias other than the engine and there is enough Galant/vr4/Lancer forums anyway.

I agree that the best years are gone for good. New moderators aren't needed because for the most part, there isn't anything happening. A bit of a revamp of the site may help a bit. Maybe if all the current active members made a bit of an effort to post more stuff, it might bring a few of the quieter members or lurkers out of the woodwork.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 19:36 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
coop1er wrote:
I agree that the best years are gone for good. New moderators aren't needed because for the most part, there isn't anything happening. A bit of a revamp of the site may help a bit. Maybe if all the current active members made a bit of an effort to post more stuff, it might bring a few of the quieter members or lurkers out of the woodwork.

Alot of us post quite a fair bit, but it depends on what users are interested in..............I personally lost interest with my 2.3 thread as weeks would go by without return posts...........I mean who want's to see a car get painted?