It is currently 23 May 2024, 17:08

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2003, 13:47 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

Agreed.

Having more power will not increase the car's top speed per gear, except in the case where the motor is able to rev a bit more. Simply pumping the boost up a bit will not help the motor rev enough to do 185 in third.

Quite simply, it's not possible unless he's running some really crazy ratios... and I highly doubt it.

Astaroth.

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2003, 14:46 
Resident Cyclist

Your car: 3 Litre Magna
Everyone agrees goran is lying and knows nothing about cars. An XD falcon will do 80kays in first, but only coz it's got like a 2:1 cruiser diff in it/ why am i even arguing this again. /me gets off podium.

Post subject: Easy easy
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2003, 15:21 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Good point, first of all with revs i am not sure exatcly i know it didn't reach redline.He had digital speedo in his car.That car was highly mod. Mods that i mentioned are the ones that i know , there are things that i don't know.
I am not that good with cars, maybe its true but i am not lying.This car could reach 185 km in 3rd.
There are very nice people on this forum but i have noticed that some of you like Josua judge people very quickly.Mate i didn't come here for someone like you to call me a liar.You don't know me never saw this car before therefor relax.
By the way, there Cordias out there which are much faster than most of yours and maybe the reason why some of them won't join this group is because a lot of you guys are competing against each other.

All Credits to Steve and few other guys who are trying to make this work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2003, 19:37 

i would like to put down something about this third gear thing. i am sure you all know that 5th great in the cordia is a hydrolic overdrive. it is possible and this is a done mod that you can use some valve and over drive all gears one through 4 but you do loose 5th gear so if you rev it enough it is possible to get 185 in 3rd gear. not dissing anyone just letting you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2003, 21:17 
Resident Cyclist

Fair enough, i judged you super quickly, i'm just sick of all the BS that gets thrown around everytime a "traffic light stories" thread is started. saying stuff like
"his was 1.8 with mods was pushing 200kw at the engine22 psi
We used to chop cars left and right. "
is really going to make people question your integrity. Modified cars will go no faster in a given gear, no matter how much power they're making. Most people with a clue talk about wheel kw, and even then don't compare it as it's only a tuning figure a given dyno will spit out, and usually aren't proud about how much boost it took to make their pulled-out-of engine power figure. No I haven't seen this car, i just said that you talk about what you don't know about like you are 100% sure,. I've just sold two cars, and am sick and tired of people giving me "advice" and saying how fast their mates fully sick XF falcon ute is and how slow my cordia is. one dude said i should check if the yellow wire was cut on my VR4, and was sure he was being helpful. I admit that there's shitloads I don't know, There is so much that people here can teach me. It's unfair to single me out as saying you were lying just because i didn't sugar-coat my response like everyone else. You should check your facts before stating them as gospel.

Respect to your friends car, it sounds like a monster. just don't tell everyone it can do 185 in third. Post the video and prove me wrong if someone will host it for you, we'd all like to see, sounds like quite a race. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2003, 07:14 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hey, if he had a digital speedo, perhaps it isn't calibrated correctly. I've seen calibration adjusters on digital dashes at the wreckers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2003, 09:19 
Resident Cyclist

dented might be onto something there. :?

Post subject: All good
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2003, 13:40 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

No hard feelings mate :)
By the way he didn't have 5th, that could pissibly be a reason for it anyway i never heard of that mod before.
Steve saw this car my mate talked to him.

Take care :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2003, 14:26 
Resident Cyclist

/me shakes hands 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2003, 17:23 

I got one two days ago i was coming home from work. I pulled up next to this yellow honda civic hatch back (riced out) as i was siting there he revs up and i hear a blow off valve pop. i looked over and reved my stock motor to about 3000. He looked over and naded his head. when the light turned green he jumped me he stayed in front until i hit 3rd and i flew part him. it was grate it was the first time i raced my 87 cordia. long live the cordia :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2003, 21:46 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Sleeper: You have a point ... Engaging the vacuum on the box would lower the ratio, giving third quite a few more kph more for top speed ... But why you would want to do this from an acceleration point of view I do not know.

By the way Goran I wasn't trying to insult you if you got that impression.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2003, 22:36 
Resident Cyclist

does the fifth gear over drive actually overdrive the whole box?, is that why you have to put it into fourth before you slot 5th so it's not able to overdrive 3rd/2nd/1st?

Post subject: All good
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2003, 22:47 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Don't worry about it it's not even worth it :)
I would like someone to explain to me me this overdrive thing more in detail if possible?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2003, 09:35 

for those of us that have a decent amount of bhp it is great. there being no lsd for the cordia, well mine does not have one, it is hard to get traction. first gear in my car is useless, second is ok but will lose traction at higher revs when boost is on, then third on is great. I am only probably pushing out about a max of 200bhp at the wheels at the moment. but with the mods i was going to do( bigger bar fin intercooler and t3/t4 ar.61 turbo, good for 770 bhp) i would have been pushing about 300 hp at the wheels that would mean first gear would become even more useless, sencond would be like first use to be etc. So lengthening the ratio would mean i would eliminate a good deal of my traction problem, and after all what is the slowest point going down the strip, chaging gears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2003, 10:40 
Resident Cyclist

aaah, that's a good idea, the gearing is really suited to 150hp, for 300hp longer gears would be really useful. spoze you could just relabel your gear lever
0 2 4
|-|-|
1 3 R

Post subject: Can someone explain
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2003, 12:20 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

How is this mod done on cordias?What do you do to make this work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2003, 12:24 
Resident Cyclist

my point being i don't think there's any point, you might as well have first for traffic and saving your clutch round town, and then just launch in second, then run up to fifth if you want to fang it. overdriving everything is hardly any different to just using the next gear up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2003, 13:42 

mine was missing the wires to switch it over so mine was running in overdrive and i thought it was crap!
no good if you are doing a hill start
had to ride the clutch to take off smoothly
no good if you want to go under 20-30 kph
if you are having trouble with wheelspin i'd suggest better rubber

CORDIA BUILD BELOW
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuE4NT ... 954epi0wBw

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2003, 11:20 
Resident Cyclist

Finally got my VR4!, woot!.
I pulled up beside a commodore, looked like a vk last night, exhaust, manual, two dudes up the front with theire sick ricey stereo. anyhoo, we pull away, and i'm nearly home so i'm taking it easy to let her cool down. when i lift of first the dude who has his window down hears the flutter from my blower and thinks i'm trying to race, so he's a car length up on me already, and i think "I can't let a commodore beat the cordz!," so i casually grab second, and just nail it, and rip up to 100, and then brake to 70ish. then wait a bit, then wait some more. then the commodore zooms past me deafening my left ear with it's fart can. have any of you other VR4 owners noticed that it's just all too easy now? i'n my old cord it would have been just barely pulling on this guy, and maybe caught up to him by a reasonable speed. i'll have to go hunting for those WRX things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2003, 14:35 

I got a story, it's from a few weeks back, on the way to a Computer LAN Party with my mates in my "absolute-bog-standard" AB Cordia GSR.

Theres a Brand New Toyota Corolla in the Rear View mirror, been following for a good 20km's, and this was the first red light we'd hit. He pulls up beside us, completely riced, under car neon's, pretty hefty zorst, lowered, huge kit, large tacho, the lot. Musta spent a quite a few $K ok his car, where as I've spent SFA really on fixing mine up back to stock spec. All in all, including initial cost, I've spent ~$2000.

Before I get too far into the story, I had me, and 2 pretty hefty guys in the car, both in excess of 100 kilo's each, as well as 3 Complete Computer Systems, and a few boxes of computer crap, doona's, etc. My car was pretty much chocas.

Anyhow, this guy starts to rev his engine, hitting about 5000RPM, looking over at us, trying to egg us on. I start to rev mine, hitting around the same RPM. I look over, see the lights changing, and get it ready at 3000. Lights go green and mines just all wheelspin, so I let it off a touch and she grips. By this time, the Corolla is about half a car length infront. As soon as I get traction, I just punt it, hitting 6100 RPM in first, slamming into 2nd, climbing pretty quick as I shift into 3rd, ripping this guy a new asshole, pulling away like never before!

My mates are in the car, laughing their asses off for the next 30 minutes.

Never saw that Corolla again :D

andy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next