It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:34

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 18:24 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
With the motor off can u shift into first? if u start it with the clutch in does it lurch forwards?

That seems like when i had clutch issues

I lost being able to shift into gears a few weeks ago one of the slave bolts had come out and the other was loose tightend them up and hey presto... perhaps ur slave is dead or clutch

set the leaver so u cant change gears with the engine running, turn it off. bleed the slave, and check ur shifter rods are tight and in the right spot

See if u can get someone to watch the motion of the clutch fork, maybe its barely moving or its broken ;\

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 19:25 
Superuser
Superuser

hey man, um when i have the engine off and clutch in i can shift into gears, when car is on and clutch is all the way in it just idols, no movement and im able to shift, but if i undo the bolts on the vaccum and shift the solenoid in like blitza said i can only shift into reverse and the car jerks backwards when i let my foot of the clutch just a tiny TINY bit it will stall :\ and i cant shift into 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th so i have to undo the vaccuming and pull the shaft out abit so im able to shift into other gears but still ill get no movement.

ive had a new clutch put in drove like 10kms not even on it so it cant be the clutch, flywheel was machined when clutch was put in, slave and master cylinder have been replaced, im aware of of the bolts on the slave isnt in only one bolt is but i the one that is in is really tight so it doesnt move at all, could this one bolt missing be why it isnt shifting into gear?? its been bled the fu*k out off, and ive gotten a mate to sus the movement of the cylinder it looks like its doing its job, but you said i should tighten the shifter on the gearbox? by that you mean the thing that pushed the rod in and out thats inside the cyclinder right?? how would i tighten it?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 22:57 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
well u want to check the 14mm bolt is in the groove its meant to be and hasn't slipped out or something silly, also the stabiliser one has a long bolt make sure that is in and tight and has the big washer on it to stop the bush from slipping out.

but back up one sec need to do a process here maybe u have but it seems like u only tried it one way.

2. Motor off check if u can shift, if yes start the car in neutral try and shift into first. if you can release the clutch with no drive, switch the engine off and move the actuator.

3. Motor off check if u can shift, if yes again start the engine try and shift, if you cant get it into a gate without lots of grinding turn the engine off shift into first clutch in and start the engine, if it jerks forward i would think its a clutch issue (or bitza might have a better idea). if in first you have no drive again shift out and try and go back in still with the engine on, if you cant get back into first again im out of ideas, if it goes back in still no drive im also out of ideas appart from rince and repeat moving the actuator

Quote:
and i cant shift into 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th so i have to undo the vaccuming and pull the shaft out abit so im able to shift into other gears but still ill get no movement.

that bit seems like u skipped a step that i have now outlined and thats in summery, if the car while running cannot select gears as in it wont go into the gate and is making a grinding noise turn it off and select first and start the engine again, if still no drive i dont know what might be wrong. apart from somewhere in the clutch department.

ps sorry for the essay but im trying and failing at an attempt to cover all bases in testing.

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 02:01 
Superuser
Superuser

will try what you have suggested tommorow and let you know what happens. thanks for your help though mate appreciate that, and dont be sorry for writing a essay lol, shows your just trying to help

Also bitza if you have any ideas on what this could be would be good if you could get back to me since you helped some very helpful information regarding this solenoid shifting thing..but ye thanks

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 10:22 
Superuser
Superuser

ok so, when i start the car with the clutch in and in 1st gear, car doesnt jerk forward.
you said i should put the car in 1st with the engine off, then keep it in 1st and adjust the acuator, when you say acuator your talking bout the shaft blitza was talking about right?

also why cant i take my vaccum diaphram off! bitza in the picture you showed me the vaccum diaphram has been taken off, how can i take myne off with out dropping the gearbox is it possible? doesnt seem liek there is enough space for it to just pull off :(
maybe the new gearbox ive bought is faulty? can not belive im going through all of this :(

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 13:17 
Superuser
Superuser

HUGE thanks to everyone that helped me out in this forum, a qualified fudging mehcanic said the " solenoid " has nothing to do with the problem im having, yet i get advice from you guys and i get the car going after a month of headfu*ks. thank you so much bitza,cordiaaaturbo, and the rest that input advice

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 16:57 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Cordia Turbo AC GSR,
Wrecked AB GSR,
CB GSR,
VZ Acclaim Wagon
How'd you fix it in the end?

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 17:39 
Superuser
Superuser

ok well ill try to explain it as clear as i can.
when bitza showed me the picture of his solenoid it looked different to myne, and this is because it had some sort of plastic cap over it. now im not sure what this was meant for but i mangaed to pull it off and then there was just the solenoid, looked like what bitza had showed me. i pulled the solenoid out untill it wont go out any further, at this point i thought id try to select gears. when it is all the way out all i could mange to get was reverse but i couldnt change it out of reverse. so i turned the car off put it in N and on the solenoid is this little pushable circle button looking thing. i clicked it in and then pushed the solenoid all the way in. and then started the car in N and put it in 1st and slowly took my foot off the clutch to see if it was going to stall or not and the revs dropped so i knew it was good. tryed selecting 1st.2nd.3rd.4th 5th and reverse, no problems. this solved a problem that took me over a month to figure out, bought a new clutch, machined flywheel, new gearbox, new slave and master cylinder...still had the same problem. then tryed this solution and i got it. i wish i understood how this worked because it really shocks me to know it was this simple from the start..yet the mechanic i got to comeout to my house did not even mention the solenoid..he told me the gearbox i bought was faulty and then wrote me a invoice and left. good help he was.........
but ye hope this helps anybody else out if they every come across this problem

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 19:20 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Thanks for the beer............I'm having it now. ;)

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 19:37 
Superuser
Superuser

haha mate if could buy you a beer id buy you a 6 pack instead for bein a top bloke

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 17:10 
Superuser
Superuser

Your car: 1984 gsr cordia turbo nick named serenity
last time i heard something like that was a blown gear box we even considered driving home in reverse lol