It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:36

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 16:15 
Superuser
Superuser

recently have been having this issue when i boost. if i just drive normally its chill no worries, but when i boost and realese the accelerator to stop boosting the car is STILL BOOSTING.. and when this first happened i was shittin my self cos it was going by it self so i pushed on the brakes started to slow down but wasnt doing the trick :\ then i started to lift the handbrake lightly and then lower it and just jerk it up and down till the car was slowing down.

now the smart thing to do would of been just to put it in neatrul but i was scared at the time and didnt know what to do. so i pulled over looked under the bonnet everything seems fine, the throttle isnt being jammed it, nothing is in its way. so started back up again and drove normally. then boosted again to see if i did the same thing and it did so i put the clutch all the way in and that disengaded it from accelerating :\ i didnt change gears, move the stick or anything. just had the clutch in. what could cause this? ive searched and found nothing

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 16:51 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

The throttle has to be sticking because if the throttle plate is closed, it can't make boost.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 17:12 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Not if the clutch engaged stops it, clutch engaged with a sticky throttle would make it rev offf its head.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 17:44 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
by boosting u mean, wide open throttle for 10-15 seconds have u held the throttle open by hand for that long and see how long it takes to return to 0 get some crc on it

Only way boost can get into the engine is via throttle valve

Also check ur TPS voltage that may be holding it open may even be faulty. still odd clutch in stops it but it may have been a coincidence

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011, 21:25 
Superuser
Superuser

when i say boost i mean like, in 2nd i would put my foot down but not like jam it straight down.. and it gets some crazy boost ill take foot right off the accelerator and its still going just not as fast..but you can feel its still speeeding up, if that make sense.. this only started happening when i had the flywheel machined, new clutch and new gearbox...so im not sure if it has something to do with the clutch..and if it does would this be wearing it down a fudge load more then it should be when boosting?

what does sticky revs mean lol...is something getting jammed in the throttle? because i dont see how or why it could be nothing is near it

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2011, 04:33 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
the butterfly valve its self is staying open a little bit by the sounds of it then.

might have 0 to do with the cable check the action of the butterfly valve hold it open and let it go if it slams shut like it should great if its staying open and slowly closing bad, when i had one seized i used wd40 on the inside and out of the throttle body, don't know what actually worked but it fixed it.

but this could also be idle controller stuffing up holding the throttle open.

Does it do it every time without fail, and if unaddressed do the revs stay higher, is the car idling at all differently? does pressing the clutch every single time fix the issue?

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2011, 20:06 

Had this same problem... agreed with above... sticky throttle or throttle cable. Mine I think is the cable... scary as hell... try the throttle by hand to check the return spring isnt stuffed... if it isnt, try replacing the throttle cable or lubricating it.