It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:34

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Evo considerations
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2013, 01:33 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Quoting SIVART:

4cylturb I would go a evo 9 with a 5 speed conversion , much stronger car all round then the evo 6

I think in about 1 year you would be looking at about $22 to $30k for one , Ive just seen a evo X sell for $32k

there is a nice black evo 3 for $26k at a car yard which has lots of mods too , its a genuine yellow plate car also
http://www.4gtuner.com/topic/15702-k33p ... n-iii-gsr/
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1995-Mitsubi ... 2ec467b537

got to admit I get more excited when I get to drive a cordia than my evo, but Im not just for one car , I like all cars , but preffer stock hard to get ones than something that you can just get your hands on easy

you shouldnt have made a comment unless you had faq's to back it up Django, this car did sell and very quickly at that asking price,

I probably shouldnt advertise my VW golf here ....lol /end quote

Thought i'd start this thread so i could reply. I hope it doesn't upset anyone.

I always thought the evo 6, or 6.5 was mechanically one of the strongest evo's. I'll be looking to get the best car i can get for around $30, depending on mods. Straight, clean and unmolested will be my preference. It's been recommended to me by nearly every tuner i talk to to convert to E85. Meek will mod a 9's computer for dual fuel for about $100 plus all the extra bits you'll need. A 9 on e85 is a weapon. Can't wait.

I'll always keep the cordia i think. Will never get back what i've put into it. But a more modern car is a definite.

My brother and his mate, in his golf funnily enough, were at a set of lights in the city over christmas. They had a lambo murcielago on one side and a red evo 6 the other side. They were looking at the 6. I guess it'll come down to whats in the market when it's time to buy.

Post subject: Re: Evo considerations
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2013, 20:18 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I would say 3, 6, 6 TME, 8MR or 9 (and maybe 10) would be the picks of the bunch depending on what you want the car for, budget, whats avail at the time etc etc. If you're gonna buy one of these models, then you're buying a solid evo and should be fine - test drive them all and see what one YOU like best! ;)

E85 is a good fuel, but don't think you're gonna drive into meek and give them $100 and you'll have a weapon of a car.
you need to do a few upgrades on the car to actually take advantage of the fuel capability, and you obviously need a specific tune done on the car.

have you considered other cars at all? I had the chance to head down the evo path very recently, decided I wasn't interested at all and have gone RWD - better overall platform for what I want out of the car.... But i still have an awd gsr aswell i spose haha

:D

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 00:43 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I dont like E85 myself , I would stick to pump fuel , all I see is engine after engine going bang for E85, the only way to get proper E85 is to buy the race version which ends up being around $3-6 per litre

but for Evo , it depends on what you want it for,
to keep and weekend drive + little mods = Evo 3 GSR
to drive and I would pick a Evo 6
race Evo 9 with 5 speed
Daily Driver = evo X

I want to get a Evo 3 next , it has to be black with a sunroof

AC Wanted $$$(must have 4g62t, or I can swap it back)

last cordia:
Blue 88 GSR turbo AC with 62t, TD05 14B and FMIC
(I WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSSIBLE, OLD REG SYH354)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 00:23 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

oggy wrote:
have you considered other cars at all? I had the chance to head down the evo path very recently, decided I wasn't interested at all and have gone RWD - better overall platform for what I want out of the car.... But i still have an awd gsr aswell i spose haha

Yeah the RWD option is tempting. A BRZ perhaps. Waiting list should be down a bit by the time i get serious. But an evo will come first, bog standard....and then i'll make the necessary adjustments.

This is nice

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 21:03 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: 1987 AC Cordia
N/A DOHC 2.0 4g63

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #805/873

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #556/873

UZZ31 Soarer Limited
4cylturb wrote:
oggy wrote:

Yeah the RWD option is tempting. A BRZ perhaps. Waiting list should be down a bit by the time i get serious. But an evo will come first, bog standard....and then i'll make the necessary adjustments.

This is nice

Ive had my eye on the 86/BRZ platform. but i'm gonna wait til the 3 year contract is over between toyota/subi and see what new engine configurations come out ;)