It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:44

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4g63t conversion
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2016, 23:28 

Your car: 87 Cordia GSR Turbo
Gave up trying to find parts to fix my 4g62 t after found this

So found an old RVR 4g63t eng with a snapped cambelt picked it up for 300 had a 4g64 engine out of a magna that didnt fit because the head is the wrong way round and the original engine got a few after market goddies like a link g4 ecu water to air intercooler BOV adjustable fuel pressure reg bosh 044 fuel pump evo 510cc injectors MPI intake for the 8 valve head 1.5mm MLS head gasket extractors external etc etc. Iv been slowly gathering parts over the last few weeks an i have the next 3 days off so im trying to get it running heres where i got to after work today.

Post subject: Re: 4g63t conversion
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 01:00 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Your car: AC Cordia turbo
fun times ahead bud!

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2016, 23:57 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

I can't believe you have 2 hoists in your shed, that's so awesome. Good luck with this project, looks like you have everything you need. Keep us updated.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2017, 10:22 

Your car: 87 Cordia GSR Turbo
^the hoists are not mine thats just where i use to work.

Managed to get this motor together and running mint was not an easy build its been running for about 3 months now iv been meaning to update on here for ages.

Ended up using the 4g63t 7 bolt bottom end removed the balance shafts and drilled and tapped the block to take bigger head bolts 12mm from memory, 1.3mm multi layer steel racing head gasket, 8 valve head after i spent 2 days porting it and reshaping the combustion chambers, custom/hybrid cambelt set up its a interference valve train now with this set up so i dialed up the cam and just slotted the locating dowel think i had to advance it up 4-5deg and the factory cam degree was impressive about 264. Had to modify the water pump and use hyundai water pump and power steer pulleys modified alternator brackets and L/H eng mount, made a custom front eng mount, the gearbox wouldnt fit over the flywheel i had so i ended up getting a HKS twin plate clutch with a lightened flywheel thats horrible to drive with already got a new flywheel and clutch kit to put in when i get a chance. Still running the stock TBI setup. Got a set of 800cc injectors, mpi intake and inter-cooler and link to stick on just wanted to make sure i didnt build a hand grenade before i put all that stuff on.

Yesterday the fuel pump gave up after i turned up the boost and added a bit more fuel pressure so i ordered a bosch 044 and upgraded the main power and ground wires and added an extra one to the alternator and i have a 90A one sitting there just need to put it on but it won fit easy i tried once already lol.

The best bit is after all that it still looks stock standard.