It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:49

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 11:26 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

[b]For sale: 1988 Blue AC GSR
[b]Item Condition: 3rd owner, 2nd owner elderly lady owned for 14 years kept immaculately detailed log book, incredibly well kept original Cordia GSR. Just over 200,000 kms. Turbo rebuilt in April last year (4000kms) motor rebuilt 28000kms ago. Paint work in excellent condition. Some small bubbles of rust in passenger door. Interior is in excellent original condition with only the stereo being replaced with a cd player. The car needs to be seen to be appreciated. The most original and clean Cordia I've seen and would suit an enthusiast.
Outside the car has a set of 17 inch alloys, original springs replaced with a set of pedders and a nice quiet 2.5 inch exhaust to let it breathe a little better.
[b]Price and price conditions: Asking $4000 or closest offer. Could consider swap for 2 stroke motocross bike.
[b]Extra Info: 28 page log book with all maintenance recorded. Plenty more info and details available on request.
[b]Pictures: Anyone interested please email me on kampacons@kampacons.com for pics
[b]Contact Details: email kampacons@kampacons.com
[b]Location:Sydney
[b]Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Can organize delivery if needed.

Attachments:
Cordia 88 003.jpg
Cordia 88 003.jpg [ 180.31 KiB | Viewed 12188 times ]
Cordia 88 002.jpg
Cordia 88 002.jpg [ 204.86 KiB | Viewed 12188 times ]
Cordia 88 006.jpg
Cordia 88 006.jpg [ 213.1 KiB | Viewed 12188 times ]

Last edited by kampacons on 12 Jul 2011, 18:57, edited 5 times in total.
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 16:28 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

very nice AC , GL with Sale

AC Wanted $$$(must have 4g62t, or I can swap it back)

last cordia:
Blue 88 GSR turbo AC with 62t, TD05 14B and FMIC
(I WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSSIBLE, OLD REG SYH354)

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2011, 17:27 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: 1984 AA customer paint and some small custome body mods
that sounds like one very well looked after cordia.
Good luck with it mate

All my Cordia Parts For Sale make an Offer
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15917

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 13:41 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Didnt you only just buy this last year? Why are you selling it? And what happened with putting AB gear into it (remember you were asking and searching for AB gear)?

Don't take offence, but a micky mouse stocker went a few years back that was 10000% stock even down to the original radio and had an interior that looked brand new...if i remember correctly he was asking less than $5k. Might have more luck with a more realistic price.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2011, 14:06 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

very true.

but if your in no rush to sell its just time to find the right person it will take a very long time however

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 10:07 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

smokincordia wrote:
Didnt you only just buy this last year? Why are you selling it? And what happened with putting AB gear into it (remember you were asking and searching for AB gear)?

Don't take offence, but a micky mouse stocker went a few years back that was 10000% stock even down to the original radio and had an interior that looked brand new...if i remember correctly he was asking less than $5k. Might have more luck with a more realistic price.

i did only buy this last year. i have discovered that this car is too good and too reliable to go playing with it. i picked this car up from Bribie Island (QLD) and drove it home to sydney with no issues whatsoever. i then drove it for 2 months as daily driver and again no issuue. now i have just started to use it as a daily driver for a short time and no issues. so i dont want to play around with it at all because as we all know when a cordia is going with no problems whatsoever the driver is a pretty happy boy.

But i have discovered that i do not have the passion for these things as i did back in 94 when i had one as my first car so i will move it on to someone who will hopefully appreciate it more than me. dont get me wrong i love it but im sure there is someone out there who will love it more.

one other thing is for every year that goes by the number of these cars on the road keep dwindling. so your argument that it is now worth less becuase it is older just doesnt make sense. Remember the GTR torana and XY Falcon GTHO i dont think they got less popular as they got older. Not that the Cordia is in the same class as those but there are enthusiasts out there for all types of cars and the Cordia Turbo GSR is definately a car that has a certain amount of demand.

Sorry if i sound offended but there are so many well wishers on this site that have nothing but good things to say and offer help then there are the negative ones (not many but they are there) i hate negativity.

thanks for the positive comments about the car boys.

Attachments:
Cordia 88 004.jpg
Cordia 88 004.jpg [ 253.61 KiB | Viewed 12187 times ]

Last edited by kampacons on 19 Jan 2011, 10:45, edited 3 times in total.
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 10:29 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

mint....

Last edited by ETHER_ONE on 19 Jan 2011, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 12:50 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

kampacons wrote:
one other thing is for every year that goes by the number of these cars on the road keep dwindling. so your argument that it is now worth less becuase it is older just doesnt make sense.

Sorry if i sound offended but there are so many well wishers on this site that have nothing but good things to say and offer help then there are the negative ones (not many but they are there) i hate negativity.

Never said it was worth less because its older, my point was that a Cordia GSR sold for substantially less than yours and was in even better condition (yes hard to believe but it was). Original everything down to the paint (not a respray), complete original radio and no rust.

Simply giving an opinion on a public forum is not a crime, if you don't have a passion for it and want to sell it maybe you should listen to peoples advice. $7k for a sort of stock but sort of not Cordia with rust is too much, drop it down and someone will buy it because it IS a Cordia in fantastic condition and nobody ever doubted that for a second.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 13:00 

200 000 kms... rust... has it been resprayed? that paint doesnt look factory?

I think people are trying to point out; to sell it as original when it has some mods - doesn't work.

Good luck with the sale. might be worth looking through previous posts for an idea as to what people are willing to pay for cordias. Mine's straight and has a show class engine bay; and it wouldn't sell for 6. Good luck.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 13:42 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

got a pic of in side the engine bay mate??

may help as this is what people will be looking for to see how clean it is

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 16:02 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

D3bb4 wrote:
200 000 kms... rust... has it been resprayed? that paint doesnt look factory?

I think people are trying to point out; to sell it as original when it has some mods - doesn't work.

Good luck with the sale. might be worth looking through previous posts for an idea as to what people are willing to pay for cordias. Mine's straight and has a show class engine bay; and it wouldn't sell for 6. Good luck.

It was resprayed over 10 years ago in the factory colour blue that it was originally done in. (Mallacca blue) and after all that time it is still awesome.
yours is a very different car to mine. im not trying to pass it off as a factory floor stocker im just trying to say it hasnt been mollested by 17 year olds, original engine, original interior. Its still a cordia not half galant quarter lancer etc.

The price is open to offers so if someone is out there looking for a neat and tidy cordia with alot of written history, its up for grabs.

Thanks all for the advice, im just very protective of the gorgeous little blue thing.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 21:27 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Im not trying to belittle your car or make a mockery of the price you have on it as it does look like a well looked after, nice car but here is a link to a 1 female owner from new, no rust, a/c, p/s, untouched one on carsales to give you an idea of what they are going for and this one i imagine would hold its value and be worth more in the future as its genuinely untouched http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... &silo=1011

Hope this helps otherwise if you think it will go up in value you should put her in storage :)

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2011, 18:45 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Revised, Still no offers?