Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

For sale: 1986 AC Evo3'd GSR
Item Condition: Great condition
Price and price conditions: See below
Extra Info:
Pictures: See below
Contact Details: PM
Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: pickup or happy to help arrange transport.

Sure everyone knows Brian's old car, yellow AC with a 7 bolt 4g63 DOHC in it (YES its a 7 bolt EVO 3 engine with full Evo 3 trim NOT a VR4). I purchased this over a year ago for $5k, have since registered it again and spend a couple of thousand on mods. Car has probably done less than 1000km's since I purchased it, maybe 3 or 4 tanks of fuel if that. When I bought it, had a TD06 16g small on it, I've since removed this and replaced it with a custom made Steve Murch (NZ - MSE motorsport) TD05 20g. This turbo is a beast, built to handle 280-300kw at the wheels with the right setup. Have a read about Steve Murch, his turbo's are one of the best quality your money can buy. I also replaced the intercooler piping. Turbo and i/c piping have cost me close to $3k. Turbo is sitting on a custom RAMHORN style manifold (see pics) and also has a beautiful custom dump (wastegate has separate pipe joining back in at the bottom of dump).

** I/c piping is bolt on for standard TD05 16g

Ive fitted the ramhorn and turbo however havent modded the i/c piping to fit so car hasn't even been started with the new setup. Piping only requires one piece to be cut to fit as the turbo's compressor houseing has been rotated 180 degress so it pops out at the bottom of the block and requires about 30cm of piping before its at the i/c end tanks (reduces piping length by HEAPS).

Previous owner Brian (wizardofoz) built this car up by hand and out of numerous spare Cordia's, his attention to detail and work was amazing as I am sure many will vouch for. Car was fast with the 16g, easily chops most cars on the road. Will be even quicker with the 20g or bolt a 16g back on.

All the specifics of the build are in the thread below and I have also put the thread to pics of the new turbo/mani/dump.

Genuinely reluctant/regretting this for sale thread, but I need a car for work now and need something I can put heaps of k's on without feeling guilty. This car needs a garage to be stored when its not being driven and I can no longer provide this. So its time to let her go to someone who can.

Not interested in any time wasters, this car was a beast when it had the 16g, has a mint 100% stock interior and near mint body. Being tuned by Meek it runs like a dream with an idle as smooth as a brand new car. Hard pressed to find anything close to it I think (exception of the few like Bitza's that are getting around).

PRICE: Would prefer a quick sale, I paid $5000 for it 13 months ago.
$5000 FIRM will buy you the car with the i/c piping for a 16g but with no turbo, dump or mani (can probs source all those for you for a few hundred).
$5800 will buy you the car with everything mentioned above, 20g, ramhorn, dump pipe etc.

I also have a few spares lying around like a genuine Evo 3 i/cooler with an ADRAD core ($600 for the core alone) and 2 1/2 inch end tanks (normally 2 inch)...this cooler is perfect for massive PSI and hot days without your engine cooking itself, professionally ported throttle body which as had a full rebuild and 0km's use with port matched inlet mani, highflow gold anodised fuel rail, GFB stealth BOV (plumb back/atmo) etc etc Can come to an agreement with the buy if you want them for a little extra $$.

Good basis for a big number Cordia or perfect for a fast reliable car. Be different, not many 7 bolt Cordia's getting around.

Car:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15600

Turbo setup:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16866

Last edited by smokincordia on 22 Oct 2012, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 09:16 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Forgot, has rego until December.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 17:04 
Superuser
Superuser

Your car: cordia gsr turbo
zomg , iddddd soooo pick this fudging beast up in a heart beat if i had the cash !!!!! looks fudging mint and omg this thing would bloody flog!!!! good luck budd

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 19:08 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Yep a lot of work went in by the previous owner to get the car to where it is. Kills me to sell it but driving it three or four times in 14 months and needing a work car means its got to go.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 20:06 
Superuser
Superuser

Your car: cordia gsr turbo
ill give ya 2 grand and a yz 250 dirt bike for it ! :D

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 20:05 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

I'd consider a trade for a Moto....if I had a bike licence!! Been saying I'd get one for years and never have.

Any other interest, offers even lol. Keen to sell ASAP so I can buy the car I'm looking at!!!

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 12:14 
Superuser
Superuser

What car you getting next? I would but just bought my vr4 cordia. Got any spare parts? Any interior pics?

Looks awesome btw

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 16:22 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Dont know what car yet, something cheap thats half decent and will be good for a daily.

No interest...now negotiable on price as I need this gone ASAP. Happy to sell turbo setup separately as well as I will just throw a stock turbo on in replacement. Shoot me an offer, might be pleasantly surprised or at worst I say no.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 07:34 

Your car: 1984 aa cordia gsr
hey mate do you still have cordia for sale. can you send me some pics and let me know how much you want. Money not a problem...0457 498 668

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 10:33 
Superuser
Superuser

Would the rams head fit straight onto a VR4 engine? How much for it?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 23:59 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

domsta2008 wrote:
hey mate do you still have cordia for sale. can you send me some pics and let me know how much you want. Money not a problem...0457 498 668

Quote:
PRICE: Would prefer a quick sale, I paid $5000 for it 13 months ago.
$5000 FIRM will buy you the car with the i/c piping for a 16g but with no turbo, dump or mani (can probs source all those for you for a few hundred).
$5800 will buy you the car with everything mentioned above, 20g, ramhorn, dump pipe etc.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012, 09:06 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

attycuz holding the car for a couple of weeks for potential buyer, if sale falls through I'll PM re mani.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012, 09:24 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

BUUUUUUUUUUMP interested party has disappeared and never came to look so car is back on the market. Really want this gone, getting a new car in the next two weeks and this is just gathering dust.

I'd hate to strip this but if it comes to it and its not sold in a month its going into parts and a scrap metal yard! Surely someone got a good bonus this year haha.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012, 22:34 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Don't scrap it mate. Are you advertising it through carsales or something? There must be some way it can stay in one piece.

Just wish i had the money.........and the space to put it somewhere.

What are you going to do with the engine if it's off to the scrappers?

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2012, 11:25 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Bump for ebay add and shout out to the couple of dreamers on here who have absolutely wasted my time :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 1140531117

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012, 23:09 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Last bump before this sells. Auction ends Saturday and I will most likely take whatever it's at if not got takers on the engine and turbo setup for a price I can't refuse so car will be stripped and scrapped.

I'd love to see it stay in the community, surely someone has some coin lying around to save this poor girl. For CP members willing to knock chunks of my asking price to see it stay here.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 09:04 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Didnt make reserve, got an offer of 3500 for engine/box and some other parts. Would rather keep it whole as i have no time, anyone interested for $3,500 with rego and 16g setup? Stupidly cheap for a DOHC, rust free, damage free Cordia with rego.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 09:36 
Superuser
Superuser

Hey mate, if you do strip it, I would be willing to take the seats off your hands. Mine are all ripped

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 09:45 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

I'll know in about a week, if situation remains the same seats are yours.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2012, 22:02 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Sold pending!!!