PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 00:14 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

CRUISE DETAILS:

DATE: Saturday 29th, July
TIME: 10am
LEAVE: 10:50am
DESTINATION: Wollongong

"HAHAHAHA, now im fairly new to the Cordia scene but I guarentee there will be big interest by the amount of time's this topic will be viewed. I think its time a decent Sydney cruise is organised. I'm not saying I'll be doing it but im just putting the following questions forward:

1-Whos interested in attending?
2-Who's game enough to organise?
3-Who can get some interest from affiliated car clubs?
4-Where could we cruise to?

I dont know about the rest of you guys but i was hoping for a cruise from West Sydney to the Gong...."

Last edited by OGE:33Z on 29 Jul 2006, 22:50, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 01:39 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Let me be the first to say i am in.

Ladies and gentlemen from sydney that own cordias put your name down for this cruise as people need to see our beloved cars so that they know we are out there. When was the last time a good cordia cruise was held with a decent amount of cars. So far people have had there cordias in the garage hiding, why not take theme out and come for this drive.

hope to see you guys soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 11:10 
OGEEZ, you sound very keen and so wanting to cruise, You got game i think you do. Wollongong sounds like fun. Make it a weekend. Do you prefer to have a mixed cruise or have it a Cordia only cruise.?

Put a date and we will discuss it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 15:45 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Alright well, my idea personally was to have a mixed cruise different car clubs as well as the cordia's so we can get some recognition and get to know some of the other clubs around such as toymods, sydneyrollaclub, vl turbo, austarion etc. I was thinking to meet up at a reachable location for those who live in Sydney, Olympic park for example (IDEA'S WELCOME). Also it would be good to hold this cruise sometime next month say Saturday 29th of July. This will give time to organise and get interest from other clubs. From the meetup we'd go 2 the GONG and with the weather permitting can have a good afternoon @ the beach. Post up your thoughts and idea's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 16:10 

gimme approx. 4-5 weeks, and i'm in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 16:28 
Saturday 29th sounds good. I just looked at http://www.cordiaturbo.com and i saw the cruises section and it says that the last cruise ever for cordia's was in 2003. I understand why you want this to happen.

If for some reason other clubs dont attend, will you still be interested in a cordia only cruise.

Members attending >

EVL GSR
KANSAI
OG:33Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 16:39 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Does the 29th sound alrite for ya D33b4? if not just tell me an exact date which would be good for u. At the moment im trying to get the work done to the cordia as soon as possible. I want everyone who has their car running in sydney to attend. If you guys have any mate's with other clubs or are members yourself for the forums, try get some interest from them. It'd be good to see the old skoolers together to be honest, VL's, rx7 series 2's, mr2s, rolla's, starions, sigmas etc lets get this done people. I dont mind if its just the Cordia's but in all honesty it would be great to have a big cruise with as much clubs interest as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006, 00:08 
It would be of best interest for everyone to attend and participate at this cruise and not be put off and miss out due to the reason of 1 person not able to attend (d3bb4).

Let this cruise happen for those that can attend, and to those that cant make it, well there is always another cruise in future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006, 08:04 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

This was my aim, regardless though he is putting forward his interest in this cruise which is more than I can say for the rest of the Sydney Cordia owners. We need attendance, we need a definite cruise organised and the more support that is given the greater the chance that this cruise will be a sucess, which is of interest for all the sydney cordia community and not just myself. Put your idea's up and get yourself involved. For a long time now people have been in the dark as to getting information and help from other members in a one to one scenario. This is a great chance to present your questions and answers and boost the recognition of the Cordia community throughout Sydney.

So far the details for this cruise are as follows:

DATE: Saturday 29th, July
TIME: 10am
DESTINATION: The Gong

Everyone get yourself involved and do your bit, like I've said in previous replies it would be excellent if we can get some interest from other clubs. Hopefully at the end of all this we can have a memorable cruise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006, 22:40 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

i'll attend

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006, 23:25 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

:D Good to know we are getting some quick interest

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2006, 03:41 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

hey
would have attended but wont be in the country
oh well next one

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2006, 22:29 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

It woulda been good to have you come down. When would you be available for a cruise after 29th or before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2006, 22:44 
TwinCam'd

I'm itching to join you blokes for a cruise, although the build of the cordia is taking it's time...as they do :?

Im up for one in about two months when the cars done, i can also bring along some of the vl-t blokes from sydney if that makes it any better

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2006, 22:52 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Ill be honest i dont feel a need to rush this. As long as we can fit the majority of people to be able to join and come down and make this the biggest we've had i dont mind. The most i think we can give this though is about a month and a half because once the proposition of a cruise is put forward interest will dim down if it takes too long to get done. So if people can post a preffered date well vote for the best one and stick to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2006, 23:27 
TwinCam'd

Yer i agree with what your saying, alot of us sydney blokes have our cordias in a build at the moment so in a month or in my case a bit more would be ideal as i now live in melbourne and will be in sydney for a cruise then the trip back up to melbourne.

If its all organised properly i reckon we will have some decent numbers and members such as

d3bb4, taba, sleeping giant, livewire? boy racer? yourself and evlgsr along with a few people with other performance cars i can invite if wanted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2006, 02:45 

my car be done asap atm. just getting parts together... then need some hands helpin to put it together... then... omfg... finally :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2006, 20:37 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Keep the interest comming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2006, 17:17 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Would love to go but im afraid its a bit too far for me to go considering im 2.5 hours north of syd. If you's were to cruise north rather than south ide be a definate and im sure Brad (sleeping giant) will feel the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2006, 15:03 
Superuser
Superuser

True True Kev, i wont be heading south, but if it goes north, i'd be in it (if i still have the cordia, just bought a patrol)