It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:54

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 11:24 
Superuser
Superuser

omg here is the next fu**ing problem.. after being told the acuator was stuck in neutrul i played around with it and pulled it out abit, as it was all the way in before. and when it is all the way out i can select gears, the clutch is cowrking because it stalls when i take my foot of the clutch. i can get into reverse but there is a bit of grinding noise not alot but abit... but now the problem is when the acuator shaft is pulled abit out the vaccum diaphram cant be bolted due to it having a gap..and if i try to bolt the vaccum diaphram it just pushes the shaft back into its neatrul position.. so what should i do here? jam something inbetween it so it doesnt move? its very touch..and when i say " touchy " i mean as in the accuator shaft goes in and out very easyly.. :( ive finally got my car working, selecting gear, clutch working..but now this :(

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 11:31 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

So you haven't actually fixed anything. You are still in the same boat because the diaphragm needs to be bolted to the gearbox. In all likelihood the problem is something external to the gearbox ie. diaphragm, solenoid, vacuum lines, 5th gear switch, relay, one way valve etc. Where are you from?

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 11:40 
Superuser
Superuser

wow after spending over 3000$ i finally got this thing to fudging work. ok so turns out the little pushable button thing on the solenoid/acuator has to be pushed in to lock it into place?? because thats what i ended up doing and i pushed the shaft all the way in and its working now. all gears select, no grinding.... am shocked at this really am. i wish i could understand how this works. but thanks to everyone who helped me out. big thanks to everyone in the other thread

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 11:44 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

well done

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 12:36 
Superuser
Superuser

thanks brah, although i neraly fukn died ahha had no idea i needed a wheel alignment that badly... local mechanic cant fukn do it for me till next week..would it be ok to do one myself???

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 13:04 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Do you know how to do it. You can adjust the radius rods to get more caster, and adjust the tie rods to alter the front wheel toe.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 17:32 
Superuser
Superuser

well not 100% sure so ill just get it done professionally, but here is another probelm thats happened.
since ive got it to select gears its been nothing but a joy ride..absolutely LOVE IT...onyl problem is when im driving i can hear this whinning sound..could it be because i need a wheel alignment? its pretty bad..like the steering wheel is NOT straight its about a 60 degree angle...just to drive straight so i have to hold it in a awkward position, could this be why im hearing this whinning sound? im praying to GOD it doesnt have anything to do with the gearbox or clutch..considering i can change gears without any grinding or crunching etc etc... the right side CV joint is new but i doubt that would make it have this whinning sound. any ideas mate?

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 03:56 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
does it get louder? faster u go. get some info in there :) under breaks does it go away if u clutch in while rolling does it go away

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 13:06 
Superuser
Superuser

it doesnt get louder if i go faster its just this constant faint grinding souding..sounds like its coming from the right side though but also inbetween the gap of the gearbox :\ thats why im worried its something to do with the clutch/gearbox. before i had this gearbox in i couldnt hear a thing when driving..and this was with the new cv joint aswell. im not sure if this has anything to do with it BUT the wheel alignment is horrible..and when i say horrible i mean the wheel is on like a 40-50 degree angle to go straight..so im holding the wheel in a awkward position i guess..like some wanna be ghetto driver lol.but ye could it be to do with that? wheel get a wheel alignment some time tommorow though. just wondering what it could be/what damage may be caused if i keep driving on it. and ill try what you suggested. thanks brah

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 13:10 
Superuser
Superuser

ahah "wheel" get a wheel alignment "
will*

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 15:06 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
What caused the wheel alignment to screw up so bad? did u change tie rods?

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 17:11 
Superuser
Superuser

ye both tie rods ends are new. and mechanic didnt put the gearbox in so im guessing thats why it needs a wheel alignment badly. and i just went for a boost, it isnt on a 50-60 degree angle more like a 20-30 i was jus over exadurating lol. but ye its pre bad still consdiering the wheel isnt straight yet the car will drive straight when the wheel is more to the right..so thats says i need one correct??

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 17:20 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

If you are just worried about the steering wheel not being straight then pop it off and refit it straight. But if the tie rods have been replaced without a wheel alignment, then you really should get one done.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 17:29 
Superuser
Superuser

lol dude didnt even think of that, good idea. also the grinding noise has gone :\... but comes back wheni turn..so its most likely a brake/ joint issue right? the wheel alignment could be causing this noise though couldnt it because its not straight??