It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:48

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: SIVART's new toy
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2019, 16:20 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Nice photo, that brings up some memories.

What is the second one you got there?

I know what you mean but 100 kw is not much fun :)

Once you install the exhaust , front mount and boost her up, they are completely different cars.

That is interesting as I had a chat with a Melbourne engineer not long ago, he told me that engineers certificate is required.

New engine must have pollution gear on it , that came with that engine.

It must have catalytic converter.

It cannot have any aftermarket computer, injector or manifold upgrades as that will require an additional test which costs a lot.

I must get weigh bridge receipt to state the weight of the car.

Then again I've see few guys changing 4g62 for 4g63 over the years, and had no issues at Vicroads

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2019, 16:28 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Change of engine Hide
There are three scenarios that could apply when changing an engine.

Change of engine scenario one:
The replacement engine is identical to the original engine.
The replacement engine is an option allowed by the manufacturer for the same model vehicle.
Documents required:

if the engine is optional to the original, a signed declaration is needed from the registered operator, motor mechanic, dealer of that make of vehicle or automotive engineer, certifying that the engine is optional for the vehicle model, and that all modifications made by the manufacturer for the same vehicle model with that optional engine have been completed
a completed change of vehicle details form [PDF 68 Kb].
VicRoads will need to inspect the vehicle to confirm the new engine details. Please attend a VicRoads Customer Service Centre that provides vehicle inspections. No appointment is required.

Note: The optional engine must be offered in Australia by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle (or certified variants).

Change of engine scenario two:
The replacement engine is not of a type offered by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle.
Alterations or changes are made to the vehicle's frame or structure, and/or specially fabricated supports or structures are used.
Documents required:

a VASS approval certificate from a VicRoads’ Vehicle Assessment Signatory
a completed change of vehicle details form [PDF 68 Kb].
VicRoads will need to inspect the vehicle to confirm the new engine details*. Please attend a VicRoads Customer Service Centre that provides vehicle inspections. No appointment is required.

Change of engine scenario three:
The replacement engine is not of a type and/or make offered by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle, but is equivalent in general configuration, power, mass and emissions standard to the original or optional engine for the vehicle model, and can be installed without any structural alterations.
Documents required:

a signed declaration from the registered operator, motor mechanic, dealer of that make of vehicle or automotive engineer, certifying that all modifications made by the manufacturer for the same vehicle model with that engine have been completed. A VASS approval certificate from a VicRoads’ vehicle assessment signatory can be provided instead of a signed declaration.
a completed change of vehicle details form [PDF 68 Kb] providing new engine details
VicRoads will need to inspect the vehicle to confirm the new engine details*. Please attend a VicRoads Customer Service Centre that provides vehicle inspections. No appointment is required.

*If you provide a certificate of roadworthiness or VASS approval certificate, including the new engine number, the vehicle's engine will not be inspected (this only applies to currently registered Victorian vehicles).

Note: When a VASS approval certificate has been supplied for a replacement engine, then an equivalent replacement engine can be fitted without another VASS approval certificate being presented (e.g. 350 c.i. V8 engine replaced with 350 c.i. V8 engine).

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2019, 16:41 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

4G63 was never offered in Cordia so how do you go past that? How does that relate to 200cc increase.

Reading this from Vicroads doesn’t sound good.

PostPosted: 01 May 2019, 23:27 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

second pic is the same car

my blue one had 104kws and it was alot of fun :D

I dont want to go through vic roads docs to show about the 200cc increase sorry, but its almost the same answer in the doc you put up already aswell, Ive done around 15ish engine converisons with vic roads approval when I had my workshop, but also Vic roads dont look at the engine as you think either, they see 4G62 to 4G63 1795cc to 1995cc , and yes its got to have the emission gear as the Vr4 would have, EGR, Fuel return, Cat, ecu etc , all they care about is if someone is liable for the work done

my GSR is fully engineered with 4g63, a Microtech ECU, no Maf sensor etc, but it was in bad shape, I had to fix alot of errors that the qld engineers had done, the top engine mount wasnt even welded properly so I could just bend it, the front rad support panel was bolted on, it should have been drilled welded in the spot weld locations, no airbox, and I could do on all day with the repairs Ive done to it to get it up to scratch

its weird how they word vic roads, but you have to read between the lines, ( e.g. you can fit a newer recaro to the cordia as long as it fits to the stock rail and works as the orignal seat did, if you have to customize the rail or floor, it will require the engineers approval as they will know the correct way to fit the seat so it wont break on a crash etc , only re checking that as Im looking for evo 3 recaros for mine ;)

AC Wanted $$$(must have 4g62t, or I can swap it back)

last cordia:
Blue 88 GSR turbo AC with 62t, TD05 14B and FMIC
(I WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSSIBLE, OLD REG SYH354)

PostPosted: 02 May 2019, 10:51 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I see, you did a good job on it. They look the best in white hands down.

I remember that blue thing, it was very clean and it went well with very few mods it had.

I remember when I had my registered with 4g63 sohc back in a day, vic roads didn’t even raise an eyebrow.

To be honest most of them have no idea what cordia is, especially what it came out with.

As I said before , I am leaning more towards 4g62 these days anyhow.

I would rebuild the whole engine, some headwork with a better cam and 1 mm decompression plate.

Galant MPI with an aftermarket computer but I would make it look as stock as much as I can.

This will improve the fuel delivery and it will be much easier to tune and keep it reliable.

Pod filter inside the original airbox and a nice intercooler setup.

I have a high flow TCO6 already, so it would be perfect for those top end high boost runs 

This setup on 15-20 psi should make 150kw +

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 21:57 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

150kw would be good on the top end

nash's car had a 4g63 in it with e85 I got it to 127kw , on a TC06 with 17psi

Im going to do similar mods but some small changes to make the response better

I have a spare TD05 16G out of my evo 2, but I think that might be abit larger than it needs, but its already got a cam and head work, I might take off the highflow tc06 and tial gate for now though

last cordia:

PostPosted: 06 May 2019, 10:37 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

What is with Nashsytle these days ? Have you heard from him? I am sure he would be happy that his car is still around and being looked after well.

It all depends what setup you want to run, these days all those parts that used to be very expensive are cheap these days.

I bought an evo 7 intercooler of a low km car, for $50.

The cordia I just sold to Ken in Sydney was one of the best I've ever seen and original .

He came down and drove it back 1000 km :)

Pic below.

Attachments:
IMG_8131.JPG
IMG_8131.JPG [ 242.47 KiB | Viewed 11006 times ]
PostPosted: 11 May 2019, 22:26 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

no never heard from him, his car is now a race only car

I have a couple of the coolers, they are cheap these days, I sold off a heap of exhausts and intercooler setups with the piping for evo 1 2 3 , 7 8 9 and 10, Im trying to sell some toyota and rx7 ones at the moment

thats a nice Cordia, looks clean, the price is going up these days

last cordia:

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 00:17 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

GORAN wrote:
4G63 was never offered in Cordia so how do you go past that? How does that relate to 200cc increase.

Reading this from Vicroads doesn’t sound good.

I was under the impression that the 12 valve dash engine was stamped as 4g63. It was 2L iirc.

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 00:30 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

GORAN wrote:
Another thing that I’ve noticed with vr4 engines is that to me 4g62 with a nice exhaust sounds way better.

It has a bit more of that bubbling sound to it. Do you agree?

Bitza once said to me that his old 4g62 had more legs top end then vr4. I believe that as I’ve been in 20 psi 4g62’s and they fly top end.

Another thing about the 62 is it had a electronic whining noise that came from the engine. Made it sound very hi-tech back in the day.

Personally i found the 62 became an absolute pain in the arse getting it to idle right. I must have set the TPS 6000 times. Not to mention the leaky injectors and paper thin inlet manifolds (underneath). I resigned myself to the fact that the TBI would need to be abandoned to get it running right which meant aftermarket ECU etc.

I agree though. I have 180kw and you can't avoid wheelspin when planting it. Around 140-150kw would be good. In saying that my car is slightly faster than a 2016 wrx sti from a rolling start. Just slightly.

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 16:00 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Very true about that noise, I always found 4g62 with exhaust to sound better than vr4.

4g62 are tuff little engines, the issues are the other things such injectors, tps , afm and that type of stuff but then again I’ve never had any issue with any of them when
I had stock injection, many years ago. Galant manifold and aftermarket ecu will solve all those problems.

It’s that old saying, it is about how much power you can put on the road that will make the difference.

I’ve seen less powered cars many times beat the more powerful ones, as the other one could not get the traction.

I had a mate with 4g62 running 20 psi, on top end was quicker than a mate that had a worked vr4.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2019, 22:18 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I ran into Steve , ( BADSEED ) today, hes driving a 370Z now

last cordia:

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 11:18 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Steve the BDseed Starion

Old school member, I've wrecked his silver cordia back in a day :o

What is he up to?

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 09:43 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

he said same same , he used to live around the corner from me and we both moved house

last cordia:

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 17:39 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

His car was a nice silver one, he had body kit on it as well.

Remember the red starion.

It would be great for all of us to catch up as some point.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 08:45 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

one day I will have one running and regd ..lol , and we can meet up

I want to finish my shed with my hoist and I can get all of my projects sorted out

my daily E36 M50, Ive just fiited new interior, wheels, I also bought a eaton supercharger for it

the E39A VR4, Just fitted a Android double din to it as the Stock radio wouldnt play FM, also fitted a Sonata throttle body with worked well

Cordia AA, pulling out plus cleaning the interior and fitted the new headlining , im still looking for some evo 2 or 3 front recaros for it also, found a Clarion NX502A headunit to fit into it for the moment

trying to find AMG flares for the wifes ML W163 aswell

last cordia:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 11:43 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Haha one day..

I am building a shed too but no hoist. No room , just big single garage.

Cannot wait to have all my tools in one place.

Do you still have that evo 2? I hope you didn’t sell that.

Vr4’s are great too a bit heavy, but you can make them go.

E36 are good cars, if looked after they will do a lot of km’s.

Last 10 years I’ve only be driving 4wd’s as my daily’s.

Honestly I could not go back to sedan as my daily car again 

Trusty Pajero Diesel 385 000 km and still has plenty left in it.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 21:46 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

yeah it will be good with everything in the one spot again

yes I still have it, Im going to club reg it soon, along with 1 cordia, maybe 2 cordias, plus GSR

this VR4 is totally stock, and has 550k on the clock, solid car, not even any rattles, only mods Ive done is to help the idle issues, R35 nismo GTR BOV, throttle body swap and changed 1 intercooler pipe to a evo 8 one( but upside down ), it went from a 45mm hole to a 65mm hole, so it drives alot smoother now, still has stock exhaust too, Im looking for a stock drivers seat as this one is in bad shape

yeah I prefer the E36 to daily drive, the engine makes great noise stock with the Vanos

I like the Pajeros, I had a NT as a company car for awhile, but Im not a fan of diesels, and they arnt to good in a petrol, very rough, but if I had to pick a Pajero I would get the NP 3.2 4m41 VRX or Exceed , but Im thinking of buyin Cayenne S turbo petrol as a daily next and keep the E36 for club reg as its now a 1994

but Im not sure what to pick next, what would you get out of these, around 99-00 BMW 735iL/745il or a 99-01 Mercedes S430, Cayenne V8 S turbo

last cordia:

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2019, 14:58 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Club rego is the way to go, with that many cars it will be hard to drive them all very often.

Vr4’s are solid cars, they are good sleepers. The more stock you leave them the longer they will last , like most cars.

Those old bmw’s are reliable too, I had one of them, had high km but they feel very solid when you drive them.

My Pajero is NS,had it now for 4 years.

Common saying is once you have a good diesel you never go back to petrol cars.

I am really starting to see that point.

Yes you do need a good diesel mechanic and changing all 9.5 L of diesel oil is messy but they go and go forever.

Yes the older diesel ones are good as they had no pdf filter’s in them.

All you need is a good oil catch can and no issue there.

10 L of diesel per 100 km, tow the van / cars / bricks, plenty of room inside , reliable and great resale value, a very underrated cars in my opinion.

If I was you I would go for Porsche. I am no big fun of new euro cars as every day cars.

Wife has a Land rover and a Jaguar but I still prefer Nissan Patrols, Pajero’s, cruisers any day of the week 

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2019, 23:51 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I dont know why but for me its the smell of the diesel, otherwise I dont mind them, my NT pajero was getting between 7.6ltr per hundred to 8.4ltrs per hundred, where the ML 320 petrol isnt even close, I ususally get about 500kms of 60ltrs

I think its good to try different cars and its better if used as daily drivers to bring out there true colors, I dont like the VR4 as a daily driver ( weird seats and tiny boot space for a mid to larger car
), the E36 is great in summer or warmer days with the roof down, I also had a E46 manual 325i coupe which was fun to drive, plus the E46 BMW M3 but it had that stupid SMG box, so I really didnt like driving it, it did launch well though

Im on the hunt know, hopefully I find porsche, also been looking for a Peugeot 406 coupe in a manual to do a kit car with

I did find the AMG flares today for the ML finally

all my friends love there landrover sport and evokes, Ive never been a fan of the brand, he even gave me a Turbo diesel freelander for 6 months but prefered the MN triton to drive that I bought at the time

last cordia:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next