It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:19

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2009, 19:25 

nice... get it on the road and BRING IT TO THE CRUISE :)

PostPosted: 11 May 2009, 18:51 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

kk guys, thought i might update again. using this car as a daily/circuit hack. its nothing special of a car..but im going to stick with this one for a while...(said that many times!)

its a AA, running an AC engine..
just a stock 4g62, intercooled running stock boost, backyard cordiaspares spec hybrid tco5/06 turbo..just needs a bigger exhaust and dump pipe, will change to AB hardware when i can be bothered. nothing on the cards else to further the engine performance, will probably go vr4 instead.

suspension it has twin pot galant calipers and rotors, sonata brake master cyclinder. have got and need to fit munroe front and rear shocks, rear magna brakes, rear sway bar..have sorted out rear springs, still need front springs and new bushes. its rolling on minilites, 205 fronts and 225 rears, will sort out the rear tyres when i get everything else sorted.

is there anything else i should consider if im planning on using this car on doing track work?
front strut brace? does anyone have one they wanna sell..??

which other guys have sorted out there suspension and shit? im interested to know what you guys have done, and the handling it has

cheers
_pete

PostPosted: 11 May 2009, 19:58 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Yes...............equal length shafts.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009, 21:05 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

okay doke, seeing as im keeping this one..id just do a few things here and there for the bitch to last me a year, just payed rego so now i gotta keep it :) lol

well first things first, having been probably the highest cordia at the recent melbourne cruise :( i dare say it was higher than factory ahaha, i managed to purchase munroe struts from frontn - tim, and my king springs from goran. sold the wantabes because it was too jappy for me, and got my bad boy simmons v5's off frontn- tim, i fudging love you lol. always wanted these wheels since my first car! the car had twin spot brakes up front but due to the offset of the simmons, i had to down grade back to AC brakes to clear the wheels, still all good though with the sonata master it had fitted..still need to through in the rear sway bar, fit the rear magna brakes, do the bushes and bearings.

now that the wheels and brakes are sorted, moving onto the engine..fitted a 2.5 straight through exhaust, and scored a tc05 with T3 internals...i fudged up hard by putting a tc05 front with a 06 rear on, it was lazy as a dog shitting lol. done the head gasket and all the other gaskets needed, i put on another head and suprise suprise, i coudlnt get it running again...well, funnily enough having just lucky dipping the head from my shed and cleaning it up, i didnt notice that the cam shaft was snapped lol, i thought that was the problem but the slut still isnt starting...so up with round 2 with getting it started tomorrow.

here are some random happy snaps since owning the car..

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009, 23:30 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
ahhh so still nothing?

Arnt u lucky the car isnt interference otherwise hello smashed valves!!

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009, 21:44 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

yeah i know huh, next time ill remember to check shit before i put it in, anywoo..no luck getting it running, its shitting me cause everything is working but its just not wanting torunn

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 19:15 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

got the car running...im not happy with everything!!!! grrrrghh

so im stripping it..engines coming out, something biggers going in, painting the bay..then the rest of the car at a later date. will update in the next few days when i start pulling shit out, i hate doing things twice

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 19:35 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: FRONTN
vr4?

PS: Lol @ spell check, it doesn't even know what a "Cordia" is.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 23:12 

oh my have we heard this before? :S

it was the valve clearance after all? u didnt check them when u replaced the cam correct?

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 19:28 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

yeahhh, nah didnt check it, but redone the clearances for the rockers..got it running fine, but i thought i might as well pull it all down now while i have an excuse, plus im a picky fudge, i wont be happy till how i get it.. so before i put the new engine in, im going to get a colour mixed up at work and paint the bay at home...still keeping it red but im not 100% sure if im going to go a darker burgundy shade or a full popping red :)

all i know is im going 2.0l tim, about fudging time, its taken me nearly 20+ cordias to step it up to the big boys lol

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 20:46 

i am so confused

btw im in search of a non-power steer rack and the the steering box and the steering column in fact every thing for steering lol

also after shit stock front struts i need 4....including lower control arms and if i can ac breaks 2 sets but must have good wheel bearings! :D and 2 sway bars and hmm umm everything tehehe anyone got a rolling shell they wanna part with??, i will reveal my stupid/insane/prolly never going to work plans soon enough!

tehehehe its going to be mental

also after stock ab loom and afm and someone has my ab computer tehehe :D

oh and ignition loom what ever that is involved in getting the car to start

next feature ride on the front page fk that v8 cordia mine is gonna rock :D

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 23:58 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: FRONTN
lol terrence start your own thread. btw i got an ab computer here.. come get it..
ps: i got a pair of really shit front struts (pedders) that have prolly rusted out in my back yard somewhere.. come get it.

pete: still interested in my AC parts cordia? 2L? you got first dibs.. i think my parents want it gone! (sell for same price as the simmons). Last registered Mar last yr!

PS: Lol @ spell check, it doesn't even know what a "Cordia" is.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 14:30 

I will forum whore as much as i like! tyvm !!!

And i think i will frontn but can u pick me up?? lol i wanna go for a booooost :P

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 19:07 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

stop drinking terrance you clown lol..and if your trying to make out like you need a cordia donated..im not taking part lol, i dont want my shells ending up fudged and destroyed lol..but i'll help you out where i can mate

and ill talk to you on msn tim, ill take it champ :)

make sure you clean out the bloody garage first so we can get the cnt out

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 09:33 
Superuser
Superuser

Your car: AC Cordia GSR
Hey Pete,

Glad to see you got some Simmons. :mrgreen: Are you looking to sell the Twin-Pots? Pm me.

VR4 time hey? There's a couple going on ebay atm.

Just to update you. I haven't done much with the Grey one, chucked it on a truck to canberra, and its sitting in my folks garage.
Definitely needs new plugs though. Could have been the issue with it coming on boost as theyre stuffed.
Gonna pull out the motor and all the conversion parts in a couple of weeks, give it all a detail, and get it ready to chuck in the silver
cordia.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 21:59 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

hey man

sorry the vr4 twin pots are shot gun by alex at the moment, his quite keen..

and i did notice that there was a boosting problem with the car, but i knew it wasnt a big problem..i wasnt as fussed as much, that silver car should be a very nice all rounder when your done, itll be freaken clean..i still want your FR's, i want you to call me if you decide to change shoes, EVER!

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2009, 22:04 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

got the engine out, stripped absolutely everything in the front end..cant go back now, sorting out the colour tomorrow at work - god i love working in a truck paint shop :D ordering new bushes for the front end some time after work IF i bloody get out on time! sending some things to get chromed finished and new zinced bolts

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009, 23:25 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

got the engine bay colour today from work..im at the stage where my mind is playing around with me, i wanna go out and do this and that, go all out on a new colour...but i still have to maintain and remember that this car is just a fuken daily lol..

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 20:40 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

lol everytime i keep coming back to this thread i feel like an idiot..my plans are always changing lol..

anywho short story i purchased a vr4 cordia..was going to sell it again but realised it wasnt worth it, due to the fact that it was slighty damaged but it was far further worth working on then the others

for shits and giggles it went two tone with a satin black finish..now that the front is getting straightened the cars copping a full respray..im going jet black all over with a two tone finish with the roof, bonnet and boot getting a marble effect finish, been experimenting trying to get a base colour that will pop abit harder with the black over but it will be some sort of red

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6