It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:04

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008, 22:11 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

phaser wrote:
lol..nah dave, keeping it all original - mitsubshiti

the blue cordia..owned by a forum member named simon..dunno if he still has it or not but he was going to add some old school american flavour to it

cheers
_pete

where is he, i wanna find out about it.

make sure you get 15inch watanabes on that red cord or longchamps preferred!

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2008, 23:25 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

lol..nah, nothing special but i see what kind of style that your into..im just sticking with stockies with hubcaps :P

lol, and im contemplating chopping up the spare shell and getting it tubbed but money isn't allowing me to do so :) it will happen!

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2008, 21:36 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

okaaayy! wiring done! no more..no more fudging hidden wiring, my fingers are sore but it was worth it :) if i end up selling the car...lol, the hard works done. i still need to clean it up a little, put the dash back in and work out all the vac lines :( then i get to crank it over for the first time and hopefully she runs :)

cheers
_pete

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2008, 15:35 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

okay..everything was put back together, and i mean everything, engine turns over just need a stronger battery..and now its getting pulled all apart again lol

dash out..again :( swapping interior, changing the suspension, changing the engine..again :) still need to fab and fit up the front mount, fit the new airbox, run the battery to the boot..won't be finish with this bitch one for a while yet ;) also i'll be releasing some new reproduction parts very soon!

cheers
_pete

ceebs making a new post but here how she is now..engine comes out sunday

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008, 22:36 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

woot woot, everything all in. in the end i got cranky so i just threw it all together..tomorrow i try and get the bitch started! hopefully it runs, fingers crossed

cheers
_pete

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008, 23:52 
Superuser
Superuser

what was wrong with the other motor

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 10:42 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

nothing, i ended up keeping it in there..i got a engine that was supposedly rebuilt..i didnt want to have to pop it in then find out it wasn't rebuilt, so im pulling it down to have a look at it today :)

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 11:40 

i bought a "rebuilt" engine off ebay around 12 months ago... funny thing was once i had it in it started fine but there was a cloud of smoke coming from the breather on the rocker cover.. can anyone say massive blowby.. hehe.. last time i stick an engine in without comp/leakdown testing it at the very least :)

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008, 17:22 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

how in the world do you know all this shit, from engines to panels, fark what have you been studying since last time?

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 19:11 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

okay supposedly rebuilt engine does look like it has been touched before! still umming and ahhing whether to put the engine back together with fresh rings and bearings - thanks to terrance's input

lol..david, nothing mate..just reading and actually going out and giving it a go..in the end its no lost lol. if i didnt live at home still..my house would just be full of shit lol, my shed looks like that thou now

and finally got the car running!! goes shit though as theres a major gap between the turbo and x pipe..still need to sort that out, fix the 5th gear, changed the 3' straight from dump to muffler exhaust - MAN that was fudging loud! its running on a stocky system and i like it much better lol

other than that..it went alright..blows a bit of black smoke, but now it isn't running no more lol..damaged both O-rings in an attempt to fit working injectors and fix the idle! see how i go, if i get pissed off im just going to go to a VR4..i'll put more photos up on a better day and once i fit a red nosecone and headlight surrounds

cheers
_pete

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 22:30 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
noob :P its never going to run untill u fix the intake from the turbo to the tb :P needs to be perfect seal man and same for the afm to the turbo. :D:D:D

O-rings are 40 cents from pretty much any were just ask to look at fuel resistance o-rings and bobs your sister

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2008, 00:52 

cordiaaaturbo wrote:
noob :P its never going to run untill u fix the intake from the turbo to the tb :P needs to be perfect seal man and same for the afm to the turbo.

bull... the car will start without a cross-over on.. it wont run well.. but it will start

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2008, 12:14 

Heh i said run, not start :P so we just agreed :D and yeh it will fkn bellow black smoke if the X-over is off due to the obvious air/fuel ratio

btw
shouldnt you be getting married instead of viciously attacking my posts :P lol

GL MATE!!!!

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 22:34 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

woot..got it running thanks to terrances help yesterday! goes good now, it was overfueling..if i disconnect the boost sensor, car runs great and idles great. as soon as it goes back in it runs rich like a mothrefucker..runs good though, still need to fix the 5th gear

thanks fellas

cheers
_pete

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 22:53 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
So, you keeping it now? No more more dummy spits? :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 01:47 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

yeah...well man, if i cant handle life no more than it probably will go back up lol

but im not selling it..fudge im an idiot for even doing so

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 06:30 

well you are an idiot i will give u that!

CTS needs to be replaced on your car!

AND GET A FKN WHEEL ALIGNMENT BEFORE I KILL MY SELF again under breaks i am amazed we didnt go thru someones house!
lol

I replaced red's CTS today his car now boosts beautiful and blows no smoke, cept for it needs new spark plugs again from being fouled

and idle raised

metalcoremarc wrote:

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 09:31 
Superuser
Superuser

phaser wrote:
woot..got it running thanks to terrances help yesterday! goes good now, it was overfueling..if i disconnect the boost sensor, car runs great and idles great. as soon as it goes back in it runs rich like a mothrefucker..runs good though, still need to fix the 5th gear

thanks fellas

cheers
_pete

good to hear pete. what's wrong with your 5th gear?
changed my plugs yesterday and it's still not idling good. i have adjusted the idle screw T told me but still has trouble keeping a steady idle. may try disconnecting the boost sensor and see if that improves anything. stupid question, but exactly what do i disconnect in the boost sensor? the vacuum line or electrical plug?
T thanks for hooking me up with a new CTS. car definately runs alot better under boost. i changed the air filter box out of the other cordia. filter needs a good clean though but seems to run a little better.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 11:15 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

lol...yeah terrance, wheel alignment has been done aswell lol! i dont get how the front end scrapes, i think its too low lol. i've still gotta order in a cold temp sensor! red, 5th gear isnt engaging, im just going to replace the vac and with the boost sensor, i just disconnected it from the electrical plug fro now

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2008, 22:30 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

HEY guys,

Just for those members that will read this, sorry I haven't been in contact - especially the ones that have called me. So much has happened in the last 2 weeks, from getting my life back on order, an engagement of my brothers, right down to the very death of a family member the next day. Im taking some time for getting my head around things, and am very sorry for those people that are pending my sales/buys/parts right at this time. I will answer queries one by one via PM, but I dare do say once things are better i'll be back to concerntrating on these shitfull things.

Cheers
_pete

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next