It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:24

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: frtrf
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2005, 17:35 
You know whats easier and less time consuming,A dry ice box,The way i picture it,it can be done .Just like rotormaster and his 7 second car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2005, 18:47 
Non-Cordia Owner

Or you could do what Steve did, get a top mount cooler with no bonnet scoop, put a hot water bottle, stick it in the freezer til its solid then place it ontop of the cooler.

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 02:24 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

oh yeah, a dry ice box! way easier! EVERYBODY has a dryice machine in their garage. that way when all evaporates we can refill it without going to the store. way easier than getting a scoop!

a bottle of ice is so crazy it just might work!

roger- what car did you get your radiator out of? maybe 86z could try that and run some fresh air piping to the intercooler or something like that?[/i]

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 02:47 

what about the fact that any cooling effect would be equalled out by the water bottle blocking flow. then the fact that without a scoop its just going to be sucking in hot engine air anyway

Post subject: frf4
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 11:27 
1st 1 was a GSL-it had 1 big core,not 2 separete small 1ns like a cordia.Verdict-to small.
MY 1 now is of a colt its a 3 core fatty.
But now im thinking of getting a diffrent rad,still retaining my ic pipes as they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 19:49 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Well the car is being sent off to another shop for the wiring then sent back to the shop its at. The downpipe is going to be fabbed up and the car is going to be set down on the dyno and dyno tuned. Hoping for around 180hp at the wheels baseline. But we will see. Still massive amounts of work left. The shop is non too confident about being able to run a 3 inch exhaust all the way back but I am pretty set on it. Might have to settle for a 3 inch as far back as possible then running an exhaust cutout and finishing off with a 2.5" setup. Trying to work out a deal on getting the car painted also. But we will see about that also. Lots and lots of work left. For those who havent read on this build its a very very mild almost stock build. Engine is bored over .30 balance shafts removed slightly thinner head gasket (only bumps compression .2) for a bit more response. Yes I know lower compression for turbo engines its still low. Just 8.9 or whatever .2 is over stock. But 3 inch downpipe no balance shafts. The boost levels will be decided on the dyno. But whatever I can max out at while still being efficent. Car looks so sad and sorry right now. Dirty from sitting for 3 years. Still on the stock steelies with dry rotted tires. Front bumper sitting in the car. Still got to drill out the rims (looking for those hex studs or whatever but not much luck) Still got to get the gauges picked out and get those ready to be wired with the rest of the car.
Fun doesnt end there. Even when the car is done it will still need brake work and a bit of other stuff. Hoping to get the shop to drop back to 3500 since the original deal was brakes full exhaust new shocks and struts and a few other things and now most of that has been dropped. But anyway thats the update for now. Shops name who has the car is Lightspeed for those in the U.S interested in swap info I can get you the #. The shop name doing the wiring I think is going to end up being Choas Motorsports.

Post subject: tyt43
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2005, 12:45 
I can garantee you that the intercooler set up you have done is gonna give you a huge advantage,compared to the conventional intercooler setup that all other vr4s have.You will be impressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2005, 13:06 
Resident Cyclist

Your car: 3 Litre Magna
I can guarantee that it won't.

Post subject: frrf
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2005, 13:20 
If 86z asked another cordia with a vr4 in it,with same engine mods,to race i would easily bet $500 that the 86z would win.Thats with experience with power deliverysimilar after doing a ic setup that no1 has ever done before on my cordia.

Post subject: Re: frrf
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2005, 00:55 

Rogercordia wrote:
If 86z asked another cordia with a vr4 in it,with same engine mods,to race i would easily bet $500 that the 86z would win.Thats with experience with power deliverysimilar after doing a ic setup that no1 has ever done before on my cordia.

i have no idea wtf you're goin on about roger, but i'll easily bet $500 that talius is right, and you're wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2005, 04:25 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Its done this way for several reasons.
1. I didnt want to tip off anyone to the cars mods or performance
2. Improved cooling instead of putting a big front mount infront of the radiator.
3. With an intercooler spray plate to cool it I can run a smaller cooler and just spray it cool it down without adding any additional weight. It will absorb some engine bay heat. Though since I have plastic endtanks I am hoping that will help shed some heat instead of the heavier metal endtanks. Also remember it will have a scoop to help it cool down. Might or might not put a fan on the underside as a puller to help pull air through unsure on this thought about it a few times.
4. shorter distances with the intercooler piping

Its got its pros and cons over the bigger setups. But we will see how it will do. In the 1/4 mile performance should be the same if not slightly better. As this intercooler does flow pretty well from what I am told. So I shouldnt lose too much boost through the intercooler. Also trying to keep lag to a minimum so this should help. It has the potential to be faster through the 1/4. However back to back racing will probably heat it up. So I am figuring at that point the big front mounts are going to get me. But its hard to say. I know a lot of people like the big front mounts. Its not my thing. Not to mention is usually pretty pricey and I didnt want to cut up the front end nor advertise possible modifications to the car.

Got hopes of pulling low 13's with no traction. If I dont right off the bat then comes the EVO III exhaust manifold and EVOIII o2 housing. If that doesnt then comes a 75 shot and finally a set of hks 272 cams.

Famous last words? Its going to blow! :lol: :twisted:

Post subject: Re: frrf
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2005, 17:47 
D3bb4 wrote:
Rogercordia wrote:

i have no idea wtf you're goin on about roger, but i'll easily bet $500 that talius is right, and you're wrong.
debba you are always wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2005, 17:49 
TwinCam'd

:roll:

Post subject: frvv
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2005, 17:49 
I can gara damn tee you it will be fatser in the drags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2005, 20:32 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Will be trying to get more pics of it this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 May 2007, 13:36 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Its time to update this....
First shop screwed me over and I just kind of got fed up for a bit so its been a while. Car is now at a 2nd shop which is a great shop for mitsubishis and one which has my full confidence.

Anyway new pics!

new wheels sold the old ones. Not sure which I like better.
Been cleaned up more in there since this pic
Interiors not bad for a neglected 160,000 mile car

Anyway thats it for now....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 06:19 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

86Z wrote:
oggy wrote:
maybe you could use a scoop from a celica gt4 for your cooler, and then a vent from a celica gt4 group A model for the other scoop. i reckon that would look sweet, and work well :)

lol guys america sucks we dont have either of those lol

yes we did

oh and what flywheel did you have to use for the swap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 06:57 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

ezspoolin wrote:
86Z wrote:
oggy wrote:
maybe you could use a scoop from a celica gt4 for your cooler, and then a vent from a celica gt4 group A model for the other scoop. i reckon that would look sweet, and work well :)

lol guys america sucks we dont have either of those lol

yes we did

oh and what flywheel did you have to use for the swap?

We didnt have GT4 A models. We had AllTracs with the 3sgte engine in them.

As far the flywheel. To my knowledge we used the stock G63B flywheel as the trans is the stock G63B Transmission.

A scoop is no longer need though as the new shop is fixxing the motor mounts so it fits under the stock hood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 14:49 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

thats a big fsck off shift light

1984 AB GSR all in bits.
1982 JA Starion
1973 Yamaha RD 250 project cafe racer

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 15:48 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

ssb2005 wrote:
thats a big fsck off shift light

Its a Stewart Warner Ultra Shift lite.
Blue led shift lite
Red led tach in the center
Fully programmable doesnt need pills like other lights.

I like it. Better than a 5 inch tach lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next