It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:42

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 10:02 
Superuser
Superuser

4g62 engine, im having trouble finding the nut or what ever it is you turn to adjust the idol. is there a alan key involved? as i found a componet near the throttle body which looks like the idol adjustment but i havnt touched it yet im not sure what it is

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:14 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

You bought another cordia?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 11:17 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
It's a flat head screw on the throttle body, just below the ISC. You will need to reset the TPS if you increase the idle.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 16:39 
Superuser
Superuser

hahah @ smokincordia, ye i bought another one LOL dude how can i resist i fudging love these cars i dont know why. he wanted 2k for it i got him down to 1200, has weak idol i dont know how to solve it, sometimes it stalls sometimes it idols compleltly fine and wont stall at lights. boosts hard though, recon turbo so it goes alright. my other cordia had a 4G93T in it. had soo many problems with it but it was a compleltly different engine then the normal cordia so i didnt really feel like i owned a cordia if you get me lol. this is just a stock turbo cordia but im planning to spend alot of $$$ on it since i love it that much lol, soz for essay

also where is it though? i seriously cant find it man can you please post a pic? and what you mean i need to reset tps? please aware me :(

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 17:02 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Here you go:

If you increase the idle the TPOS value will also increase.......this can cause unstable idle.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 17:11 
Superuser
Superuser

bitza THANK YOU. ok so that bolt will increase my idol but screw up tps, how do i make it all even? can i adjust the tps aswell? what if i only touch the idol a fraction

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 17:24 
Superuser
Superuser

dude i went outside and finally fixed the fudging idol thanks you bitza has been biggest headfuk, not even the mechanic could find the fkn bolt! lol, also not sure if you know what could cause this but as i turned the car on to adjust it i have a pod filter casing, its like this big black box ( other cordia didnt havt it cos different engine i know ) but it started smoking a bit for about 2-3 seconds, ( white smoke ) then stopped, what could that be? it looks pretty new, not dirty or anything but ye. thanks so far man

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 17:30 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

White smoke coming out of the air cleaner?

Could be the motor "breathing", technically this should be returned to the engine.

White smoke is also the engine burning coolant, but this is seen from the exhaust.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 17:59 
Superuser
Superuser

ye the pod filter casing, it just like seeped out this white smoke for 2-3 seconds then stopped. and exhaust blows white smoke after gear change sometimes, im bit worried it has something to do with the turbo :\ even though its been re-con it shouldnt blow smoke, oil or something like that right? turbo seals? sorry for questions man but rather get it answer by people who own cordias then paying for mechanics to have a look and then give me a complelty different reason to what people say on here..

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 18:11 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

If the turbo is recon then disregard it........sounds like engine......could be using coolant (cracked head) or depending on boost pressure it would be oil entering the inlet manifold AFTER the PCV valve has opened.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 19:15 
Superuser
Superuser

cracked head?? fuk no!!, could be though :\, how could i check if it is burning coolant? i checked radiator and thats coolant mixed with water and looks good, i have no leaks that i can notice, if the head were cracked would the car still boost? or would it have no pull? no im worried ive been boosting on a cracked head, fudge always have little problems with the cordias lol i CANT STAND IT but i fkn love these cars <33

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 19:29 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Best way to tell is pull the plugs out when cold, turn it over and watch for coolant sprayed out of the cylinder..........another way to tell is the engine will "stumble" when revved cold............and the last, the cylinder plug will be cleaner than the rest (gets a stream clean)

If it's running alright I would just check your fluid levels (coolant & oil) before driving.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 21:27 
Superuser
Superuser

Your car: AB VR4 owner
What Cordia did you end up buying??

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 22:32 
Superuser
Superuser

ok bitza ill try that tomoz, thanks man.

it is a 1985 AB turbz cordia btw ( to the guy that asked ) its red will post pics up soon