It is currently 14 May 2024, 18:50

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Truck hit and run!!!
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2004, 18:41 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

was driving my grandma to see my grandpa in hospital. pull into the sliplane. check for traffic, my lane was clear but there was a truck in the far lane. so i pulled out, got totally in my lane then BANG. the fudging truck side swipped me!!! he didnt see my little GSR and he tried to change lanes but there was somethin in his way....ME. so he stopped, i stopped. got out checked my damage (not that bad, broken passenger mirror and fudged up my passenger fender) got out startin walkin to his truck going absolutely skitz (you F!@#ing wanker, ill f!@#$in kill you, how the f!@# can you not see me, you almost F!@#$ing killed me and my F!@#$ing Grandma, Look at my F!@#ing car!!!) the fudge head started driving off!!!!! so i ran to my car, shoved it into first and fudging cained it right up to him (scaring the shit outta my granny) and the fuckhead ran a red light!!! then my granny said calm down "these things happen" not to my GSR they dont, she wouldnt care if it happened to her Camira but i care bout my car. then i figured its not that bad, it coulda been much, much worse. i got of lucky, but if i see that truck parked on the side of the road.....it wont be going anywhere by morning :twisted:

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2004, 18:50 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

bad luck, at least you scared the living sh*t out of him and possibly got him a nasty fine for running the red light if there was a camera

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2004, 19:02 
Resident Cyclist

Your car: 3 Litre Magna
something critical you didn't mention, did you get his plates??? noone disgraces a GSR and gets away with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2004, 19:08 

Did you get his numberplate?

If so tell the cops, and he should have to pay for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2004, 09:57 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

he didnt have any at the back!!! and seeing it was the rear of him that hit me i couldnt get it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2004, 14:10 

Set it on fire then if you see it.

The other alternitive is to if you see it, find out the numberplates and ring the cops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2004, 17:57 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

If u hadn't gone so skitz at him u might not have scared him enuf to make him run away - then u could hav extracted a large amount of money outta his ass for repairs.

Ahh well... considering it was truck vs tiny cordia could hav been a *lot* worse.
Bad luck dude.

-Loss

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2004, 14:32 
Expert Wheel Alignments
Expert Wheel Alignments

Quote:
pull into the sliplane. check for traffic, my lane was clear but there was a truck in the far lane. so i pulled out, got totally in my lane then BANG. the fudging truck side swipped me!!!

whats your definition of a sliplane? To me it is the lane at a set of lights that merges straight after the intersection.
Whats a truck going into a slip lane for???
Bad luck mate.

GT Legacy - AWD turbo shagin wagon
Swift GTi - new boy racer daily
Gen4 JDM Honda Prelude VTiR - FS $6K. pm me. vtec yo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2004, 16:25 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

Quote:
got out startin walkin to his truck going absolutely skitz (you F!@#ing wanker, ill f!@#$in kill you, how the f!@# can you not see me, you almost F!@#$ing killed me and my F!@#$ing Grandma, Look at my F!@#ing car!!!)

For doing this, I think you are:

a) brave
b) stupid
c) LUCKY HE DIDNT BEAT THE PISS OUT OF YOU

hehe :)

Seriously, if all he did was drive off then you're lucky... I ain't brave enough to be mouthing off at truckies. By the sounds of things, you didn't give him 2 seconds to explain what had happened or offer to pay for the damages. If you'd gotten out and done this to me, I'd have smacked you THEN driven off, no questions asked. On the other hand, had you been calm and cool I would hand over my rego, drivers license and phone numbers, address and daytime contact details (which I conveniently keep on a card in my glovebox in case something like this happens... be surprised how hard a pen is to find after you've smashed your baby).

I'm not saying what he did was right, I am saying that while he shouldn't have done that I think you also could've handled the situation a bit better... You'll find that most people are good at heart, and if you're reasonable with them then they'll be reasonable with you. If not, THEN you skitz :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Good thing nobody was hurt... especially with your grandma in the car.. count your lucky stars and next time, don't blow the fuse so quick and you might get somewhere :)

Astaroth.

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2004, 16:54 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

ok...next time a fudging 15 tonne semi-trailer is rubbing up against your under a tonne car when your doin 40Km/h with your grandma in your car, we will see just how long you can stay calm. if u seen his face before i even spoke you would have seen his expression....it was a "oh fudge, dont wanna lose my job, im outta here" he was a skinny fudge not a fat fudge, he is lucky i didnt fudging club him with my trolley pole, i woulda dropped him in a second!!!
he had absolutely no ambission of stayin and swapping details!!!
i just hope i see this truck on the side of the road one night. then ill show him the meaning of skitzing out on somethin is.

any one in adeliade is was the Canterbury meets Grove way intersection thing. it is like an island in the middle of a four lane road where u wait. i told the cops incase he tried to say i did it, they said "because you were totally in the lane and in front of him he is 100% in the wrong"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2004, 17:04 

damn thats unlucky, but at least your ok! what was the truck? any markings that we should look out for?

lucky for u i have a mirror :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2004, 17:24 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

cordi4 - I'm not having a go at you, I'm just suggesting that you BOTH could've handled the situation a bit better.

I also suggest that you be careful about what you do if you see the truck again... he could've been driving a company truck and the driver you skitz out and and fudge up could have nothing to do with what happened to your car. Again, I recommend you simply approach the truck and ask what company owns it, or you take the plate and report the incident to the police (better yet, report it NOW and contact if you get further information).

For the record, my 91 lancer has been 'rubbed up' by a 40 ton semi and yes, I stayed calm, swapped details, and got a cheque from his company 4 days later which covered the repairs with change.

Astaroth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2004, 11:12 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

well i guess that you are just a better person than me :roll:
its all good, its just that it scared the shit outta me when u feel one side of ya car lifting up on ya grandmas side. it was a Finemores, so the chance of finding the same truck is very low, guess ill just have to chance it and wait till i see the guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2004, 11:37 
Resident Cyclist

I reckon you acted the way anyone would. I had someone road rage at me, i panicked and on advice from a mate to "put it in reverse" slammed my mum's car into a tree backwards. handled it better?, i could've run him over gently, or just sat tight and hoped he couldn't break a window, or just reversed a little bit and tuurned about and gone the other way. fact of the matter is I reacted irrationally and any human being would. It's easy to say "should have" in hindsight

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2004, 17:54 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

Quote:
well i guess that you are just a better person than me

:roll: :roll: :roll:

No, but I do know when someone is making a simple suggestion and not having a go at me, something you're quite obviously yet to learn. I was trying to offer some advice for the future from my own experience... isn't that the idea behind an online forum? Believe me, if I were having a go at you, you'd know about it.

Is it just me or is this whole forum starting to get a bit touchy? This is like the third or fourth time in as many days that someone has jumped the gun and completely mis-interpreted what I am trying to say..

Astaroth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2004, 21:13 
Resident Cyclist

still standing by my remarks, i do agree with you astaroth, people around here seem to be getting a little touchy.

Post subject: yeah
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2004, 21:54 
Superuser
Superuser

yeah touchy i'd agree just a bit hey??

hehehe i've just been sittin here in the shadows watchin 8)

hehehehe

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2004, 01:54 

Yeah, chill out everyone, we don't want this to turn into another fast fours forums, where you get flamed for saying anything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2004, 02:41 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

i wasnt havin a go then...."trust me" u would know if i was.....
i legitimatley beleive that u would be a better person than me. i know i coulda handled it differently, but he still wouldve driven off, u shouldve seen his face he had absolutely no ambission to stick around. thats when i started skitzin out. i was a little touchy when u told me how I shouldve reacted when MY car got hit, but thats it. sorry for any confucion and if i stepped pn any ones toes. its a bit hard to see im tellin the truth when its in words but i am. no bad feelings Asta?
Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2004, 18:37 
Superuser
Superuser

im genuinly usually a calm person but one that drunk prick ran into my gsr the other day i was runnin with knives at the bastard and after it i sat back and thought about what i had done and realised that we all put soooooo much time and MONEY into these cars and it means a lot to us when bastards hit our pride and joy and u just feel that sometimes u have to stick up 4 yourself

bov
water spray
cut airbox
cold air induction