It is currently 12 May 2024, 05:03

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 13:23 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

There is one advertised in car sales for $6000. How much should I advertise this for realistically ?

Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo AB 1.8L Dec 1984. This is a unique car which has been meticulously maintained. I bought the car in 1987 with 40,000km & now has travelled 400,000km. It has been my pride & joy for the last 22yrs. Always garaged, no rust, paint in good condition, no body damage or scratches. All receipts & log books are available. Engine oils gets replaced every 5000km using semi synthetic Shell Helix Plus. Not one service has been missed or even late. This is my daily driver & I have used it to win trophies at various track events 10yrs ago. It is 100% reliable, very fast & economical using 10L/100km of only premium unleaded. Dyno'd at 145kW at the wheels at only 15PSI boost (dyno sheet provided). Rego till Dec 09, fitted with 4 new tyres, timing belt recently replaced, new front disc rotors, brake pads & wheel bearings recently replaced. No money has been spared, all work done have receipts. Modified cold air induction fitted with Unifilter, ECI multipoint injection $1786, VDO gauges (boost & voltmeter), removed distributor & fitted Bosch ignition modules, Mazda RX7 high flow injectors, big FMIC $1200, adjustable front & rear Koni shocks with lowered King springs $1200, Bosch motorsport fuel pump $525, adjustable front end camber kit $730, high flowed TC06 turbo, fuel surge pot, larger AC front brakes $600, bond half roll cage $600, tinted windows, racing Sparco wheels $1500, Momo steering wheel, 2.5" exhaust from turbo outlet fitted with larger bypass pipe $1000, battery relocated in boot, strut brace, blow off valve, Haltech EMS with data logging $3500, adjustable boost controller inside cabin set 15PSI max, runs 10PSI everyday for longevity.
Motor fully rebuilt years ago for $6000 by ex Kevin Bartlett Racing. Bore & hone block to suit Airies forged pistons, crank test con rods & crankshaft, shot peen con rods, machine con rods & fit heavy duty bolts. Close & hone rods, bore & bush con rod little ends, deck & O ring cylinder block, check crankshaft tunnel in block, linish crankshaft, fit new balance shaft bearings, balance all engine parts.
Gearbox fully rebuilt years ago for $2400 by ex Kevin Bartlett Racing. Replaced all bearings, synchro rings, synchro energiser springs & pawls, 3rd & 4th selector fork. Replaced clutch for heavy duty unit.
This car has been modified not only to go fast but handles very well.

Last edited by mav2777 on 05 Sep 2009, 14:02, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 14:19 

its worth what you think its worth... honestly if your wanting to sell it soon you would be lucky to get between 2 and 3 k... but if you want to wait a while for the right person to come along you might get 4-5

i cant see the pics but i'm sure its a awesome car... GL with the sale :)

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 18:09 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info. I have fixed up the link so you can see some photos of it.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 20:00 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
To be perfectly honest, with respect to the current climate and the vast variety of cars that you can purchase for 6k these days with half the mileage (400,000km's is a lot for a chassis) and half the age, I think you can probably work out where you stand.

Check out the link below and compare your car to it... that'll gauge roughly your car's value. Debba had the car originally advertised for 7K and still cannot even budge it for 5K... and in my personal opinion, it's much, much cleaner than yours in it's current state.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13823&start=0

Best of luck with the sale anyways. 8)