It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:38

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 14:17 
Superuser
Superuser

Hey guys any replys on what you think i should do, or what the problem could be, would be greatly appreciated.
ok i have a 1985 cordia, orignal engine was a 4g62, previous owner put a 4g93 twin cam in it ( still a 4cyl ) but has kept the original 1.8 gearbox in it, and the original 1.8 flywheel.
last month while me and a mate were driving it back home something happened and cops drove straight past as it happened. on the top of my street the car just decided to not go into gear, as in when clutch is pushed in gears will not change just have this crunch sound to it. and so the cops saw the car just slowly moving down the road so would of been sus. they turn around and start talking to us about why we stopped and what the problem is, one of the cops says he could smell my clutch burning...so we pushed it home and that was that. at this point when the car is on and i have the clutch engaged and i try to change gear it just wont change its like something is stopping it from changing into gears. the next day i ring lube mobile and they come out. the mechanic sused it and was adjusting a thread that was behind the clutch pedal, he said he made it so the clutch had no free play, it was just stiff and when he did that it was changing gears but he still said the clutch needs to be replaced. then he said could be your slave/master cyclinder. so i got them replaced, and still no difference. that was 800$ all up including labour just to install 2 new cylinders and yet my car still wasnt engading. . so he said it is the clutch. he stripped the car down took the gearbox out and took the old clutch out. he said ye clutch needs to be replaced so he went and ordered a new one. comes back and fits it all, i asked if the gear box was still good and he said, yes feels it fine. he next takes the flywheel out and says he will get it machined/ get custom work done to it and he did. so so he comes back and puts it all back together, yet still car is doing the same thing. after i just spend
$2740.. so he adjusts the thread of the pedal again with the new master cyclinder/slave cylinder, clutch and fly wheel installed. and then we start it and try to change gears and it worked. no problems. next day take it up into the hills and give it a boost for abit and was all going well, untill i did i u-turn and took off in 1st and then bam, fudging same problem as before expect this time gears will change BUT the car will not move, also realized that when i put my clutch in all the way the car does NOT idol higher or anything like that, even though it used to... after a new clutch installed...so was stuck in the hills for 5 fudging hours till a tow truck came got it home. next day rang lube mobile and told them what had happened.i have 12 month warranty so it was free of charge this time. he came back, stripped it again took the new clutch put, the new flywheel and brought it into the shop again to get it customized again... comes back with the parts and puts it all back together and still. nothing gears wont engade, clutch pushed in all the way and the car doesnt have the higher idol sound anymore, yet the gearbox doesnt crunch or slip. i lost my job because of having no transport, have no money since this was a 2000+$ job and im only 17 i dont have money like that to just throw around. and so he says i need a new gearbox. but i think thats a load of shit because the gear box was fine the day before. never slipped, never crunched. it doesnt make sense. someone please if you know what i should do and say to lube mobile or what part may be causing this please let me know, im thinking maybe something wasnt installed properly? considering its a new clutch and a modifyed flywheel yet the clutch wont make the car idol higher when pushed in so that says my clutch is broken :cry: ..but how

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 14:25 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Cordia Turbo AC GSR,
Wrecked AB GSR,
CB GSR,
VZ Acclaim Wagon
What a hello

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 14:27 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
OK...........does the engine free rev when in gear?

Can you select the gear and let the clutch out with NO drive?

If yes to both questions you have a faulty solenoid which controls overdrive and the gearbox is "stuck" in the neutral position. The solenoid can be located on the gearbox mount under the airflow meter...........also check for any holes in the vacuum piping.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 15:05 
Superuser
Superuser

Bitza wrote:
OK...........does the engine free rev when in gear?

Can you select the gear and let the clutch out with NO drive?

If yes to both questions you have a faulty solenoid which controls overdrive and the gearbox is "stuck" in the neutral position. The solenoid can be located on the gearbox mount under the airflow meter...........also check for any holes in the vacuum piping.

hey mate cheers for the reply, i just went outside and put it into gear and let the clutch out call didnt stall...didnt even notice this till now..ok so it isnt the gearbox correct? and no the engine does not free rev. with this solenoid thing is it fixable if so how, what exactly is its purpose if you can cbf explainig or ill just google, also the lube mobile guy said to me it could just be the vaccuming, but they cant check it because they dont do that sort of stuff, is that true??

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2011, 15:30 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
This may help you to understand:

Swap the two vacuum lines over feeding the servo.........it should bring the box back to selection mode.