It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:46

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hi all new to ur site
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 16:09 

Your car: VP SS, GD sedan, GD wagon, l200,VH sedan have a few lol
hi all im damo im new to the site, scrolled through it a few times, iv got a few cars and projects, the main one is my GD sports pack galant im building to hilclimb, iv got a cordia turbo donk in it, bolted to a narrow jap 5 speed, brass button clutch in there 2, iv got a starion inlet manifold on it atm, will go mpi later on but that costs cash lol, the tbody is the one with the 2 external injectors, anyone know what model the engine may of come from, the tbody is the cordia one to not starion,

how strong are cordia bottom ends ? as good as a 4g63, im keen to get power out of it once im earning abit more cash lol( first year apprentice) im thinkn mpi, computer, beter turbo and manifold,im gana make one soon as the cordia one wont fit in the bay, im not to bad with a grinder and a welder lol what turbos do u guys use that give good results but dont have huge lag, ( i know turbo engines have lag lol) twin cam has crossed my mine to but i think the sohc looks at home in the old cars, my l200 has a sohc 4g63 with mpi and wolf 3d, big front mount,

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 17:55 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Welcome to the site............check the tops of your injectors for colour...........if they are grey they are unleaded........if black they are leaded.

The series one 62 is pretty strong.........I ran 180FWKW plus before the head became soft..........therefore DOHC was done back in 2000.

As for turbos.........it's your call.........just remember small turbo quick response........larger, later boost. I run a T72 on my 2.3 DOHC VR4 and boost is all in by 3200rpm.........just like you I also run a Wolf V4.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 18:37 

cheers mate ill have a look, iv got a few sets of injectors with the donk, the guy said 2 sets of cordia and one set of starion, has any one rigged up a twin turbo setup on a 62 ?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 18:56 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Not that I know of............depends on how you want to do it........either sequential or direct pulse.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011, 19:30 

tell ya the truth mate i havent looked in to it just woundering sorta thing ya know how it is