It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:30

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 16:59 

Your car: 1985 GSR Cordia
Hi boys and girls, I have been stalking this site and getting my hopes up to re-live the time I had one of the best cars in my life and plunge again into the Cordia world, let me explain a bit of my past and experiences first.

My first Cordia was a AA GSL, which i got from a damaged car auction as a second car (don’t ask about the first) which I panel beated back to heath with the help of my dad, it took approximately 4 months with the only income being OzStudy. My old man helped a little with the finances seeing how keen I was so paid for the material and the Bright Red Paint. Parts were easy to get as all Mitsubishi (mitsybits I think) wreckers had at least 5 cordias for dismantling and were cheap at the time so I forked over for the parts…

I was the coolest guy in high school hands down the day when I drove it into the student carpark when she was finished. Everybody gathered around and drooled like mad. I still remember the feeling of having the hottest car for an 17 year old and knowing that this was
the start of a lot of fun times ahead (and there were countless).

Than naturally I started eyeing the Turbo models and my best mate at the time bought her off me purely because he knew it pulled more chicks than David Hasselhoff..
For the amount I got for the GSL I managed adding an extra $1000 and finding a silver AA GSR (Leaded) on trading post. I rang my dad and told him there was an emergency and he has to finish work early. A few curses and hands flopping in the air later we were on the highway to pick up my new pride and joy... And she was…. It was a beautiful car and admired by everyone, I decided to give her a facelift (being young and bored) so I debadged her, slapped on a body kit and gave her a fresh coat of Silver with the help of my trusty old man.

Than in 1997 the TE magna Sports came out, so to cut a long story short.. Personal loan, Dealer, Trade-in, , cordia gone and monthly repayements.. Don't get me wrong, I was very proud to be so young driving such a nice new car, it was bright white, lowered, nice big mags etc so It did turn a lot of heads back than. But since than I never stopped admiring the Cordia....

Many years have passed and many, many project cars later I saw an old rusty GSL cordia when driving in the Nissan Patrol with the kids around 2 months ago, I could feel a seed being planted in my head and knew exactly what needed to be done, it was like one of those light bulb glowing on top of your head moments... I need to get a Cordia as Project, but this time I want one that looks factory, I mean..Badges, Stickers, everything factory as possible accept for the height and the wheels..

See when living in Adelaide some 10 years ago (when people actually used TradingPost) there were a few to pick from.
Now living in Queensland..well...good fukn luck to find one..

I have tried all options including looking on Gumtree (god bless it) in other states and seeing if I could get one
brought to Brisbane by a Freight Company from another state (SA having a few left), they were EXTRIMELY expensive so getting it that way blew my budget WAAY out of the water, well.. The budget my missus allowed for anyway!

After looking on this site, trading post online (what a joke), fleebay and of course guntree on quite literally every hour with no luck my options were clearly limited, this took lots of computer hours of trying to work out how this would work, and the lengths it would take to get my hands on now such a now rare car

... Than.....One night while the kids we running around the lounge room like headless chickens making more noise than a AC/DC concert.. BANG... Someone just put up a white 85 GSR, I almost fainted... It looked like it was one of those rare finds...like an old man has just died and his wife was selling his crap.. All original, stickers, badges, shiny, Interior Immaculate.. Could this be true??.... I jumped out of the couch to grab the mobile and dialled the mobile number in an instant..

In this part of the story I have to thank my partner for allowing me to dip into the savings account a bit, if it wasn’t for her I’d still be searching and sulking around the house that I missed out on such a rare find.. (you ROCK Rebecca)

Now Very long Story short a buy now price was negotiated and she is now at her new home.. (at my place by the way)

Can't say shes immaculate, but I will take my time and do everything right, badges will stay on, and after she is resprayed the side TURBO stickers will also be going back on thanks to the legend on Fleabay..

I will try to attach the first day photos just to share the love and I know you guys and girls know what I mean...after all..you are on this awesome site. (which is now my home page by the way)

Attachments:
06.jpg
06.jpg [ 169.28 KiB | Viewed 15852 times ]
02.jpg
02.jpg [ 135.29 KiB | Viewed 15852 times ]
01.jpg
01.jpg [ 132.47 KiB | Viewed 15852 times ]

Last edited by marcinkane on 01 May 2013, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 18:13 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
What a great find...............well done. :)

The turbo side stripes took ages to get right...........you will find them an exact replica.

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 20:18 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: 1987 AC Cordia
N/A DOHC 2.0 4g63

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #805/873

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #556/873

UZZ31 Soarer Limited
Nice! I seen this up for sale on ebay! Was tempted to pick it up!

hahah seeing as your in bris by chance was the rusty old GSL you speak of my little brothers Faded Green one which I am yet to start the new paintjob on?? With an oldish guy driving it?

P.s. My cordias paint will be finished soon. Seeing as we are fellow brissy region goers we should have a meet/greet one day ;)

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 21:07 

Wow.. Can't believe Bitza saw and replied to my post, thanks mate.. Yes definetely getting those deckles from ebay, I read and saw on another post they are like the real thing, would not have had a clue if it wasn't for this "Cordia Community", makes me feel like part of the family..

d_nikiforides, it was actually a faded Maroon one.. (midgt have been just 100% rust) but I'll be sure to keep mu eye on the oldish guy in a green one.. Mate good luck with the paintjob on your brothers ride, make sure he helps out..haha..

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 21:11 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

We are all here to help...........please call me Andrew. :)

PostPosted: 01 May 2013, 21:22 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

N/A DOHC 2.0 4g63

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #805/873

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #556/873

UZZ31 Soarer Limited
marcinkane wrote:
d_nikiforides, it was actually a faded Maroon one.. (midgt have been just 100% rust) but I'll be sure to keep mu eye on the oldish guy in a green one.. Mate good luck with the paintjob on your brothers ride, make sure he helps out..haha..

Haha wont be an old guy driving it now. that was my dad.

The green one was 'one' of my Cordias. Then I gave it to dad, then as of a month or 2 ago its now handed down to my bro. haha thanks mate, i just gotta wait till I get mine done ;)

PostPosted: 07 May 2013, 22:21 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

nice Cordia , wish mine was White

AC Wanted $$$(must have 4g62t, or I can swap it back)

last cordia:
Blue 88 GSR turbo AC with 62t, TD05 14B and FMIC
(I WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSSIBLE, OLD REG SYH354)

PostPosted: 07 May 2013, 22:23 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

But you love the blue ones Travis. :(

PostPosted: 07 May 2013, 22:26 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I need it white for the Rally Version Im doing

but the blue for a road version for sure

AC Wanted $$$(must have 4g62t, or I can swap it back)

last cordia:
Blue 88 GSR turbo AC with 62t, TD05 14B and FMIC
(I WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSSIBLE, OLD REG SYH354)

PostPosted: 10 May 2013, 17:24 

Hey Andrew, I read the article you wrote when you were building the blue one to it's factory glory, mate... what an awesome write up,
I got soooo many ideas on what to do with mine and how you did the GSR badges...Magic bro..

Just foung water in my oil as well so will find out how much repairs will be, if too expendive (cracked head) will look at the 4G63t Engine
conversion, so looking at the options now.. Hard to fing though, not sure where to look..

PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 01:43 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Welcome buddy.
Love white cordias.
Bummer!!!
Hopefully its just the head gasket.
I prefer the original motor. Not as fast or reliable but it is factory and has character hehe
If you're not in a rush you'll find the parts for reasonable prices.
I completely rebuilt my 1.8 a few years ago.
Really enjoyed it too.
Though not my first motor.
Heaps of good stuff on here.
Welcome Again :)
Dan

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2013, 17:22 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Nie mate, I wiish I was in a market for one too.

Well done to all other old members that kept them, it's really nice to see.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2013, 18:05 
Superuser
Superuser

Your car: BMW
Fantastic find mate, I will be having a look at a Cordia this Tuesday ^_^ from one of the members here in Adelaide :D
very excited to see a Cordia again it has been a very long time.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2013, 19:33 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

N/A DOHC 2.0 4g63

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #805/873

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #556/873

UZZ31 Soarer Limited
Has there been any progress on this car latley? :)

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2013, 21:49 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Any updates?