It is currently 14 May 2024, 01:28

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 May 2004, 22:24 
Non-Cordia Owner

Yeh I saw that on teh news tonite, I dont think they crashed hactually in Woodlands though, they said it was in Braeside but didnt look like Woodlands, looked more like Cheltnam Rd.

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 May 2004, 00:02 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Nah man i was pretty sure it happend on woodlands drive....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 May 2004, 21:13 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Nick...I can't remember whether it is on one of the high performance imports vids 1 to 8 or hashiriya or one of hte other fudging vids i got, but it does show FWD cars drifting, they say it's a lot harder, but ids doable...actually hot 4s i think had a little article on drift methods for differnt cars including fwd...might tryadn dig it up....

Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 May 2004, 21:29 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

cool...fanx bro. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 19:53 
Expert Wheel Alignments
Expert Wheel Alignments

Mega late reply.
Had a good night, even though it seems ages away now, and already planning this weekends activities - STOCK CAR RACING !!!

Chris - your new starion... loved it. Sure you only running 7psi?? :wink:
Joel - you are mental. Such violence to such a nice VR4.

Was only pulling off low speed - 60-70kph drifts, can do that all day... didnt really want to go much harder, didnt feel like breaking anything.

Rods FWD drifts were fkn hrn. The best FWD ive ever seen. 85-90kph into that corner is dam fast, even taking a racing line. Looks like his secret weapon worked very well.
Although saturday night, we went out to Turbo Drive, - non rolled gutters. Rod stacked into a gutter, bent the rear stub axle. Fixed it all the next day.. quick trip to a wreckers, "1 rear stub axle please"

The next CON, maybe we should do something wussy like see a movie together or something. Hanging out at estates is getting v.risky. Cops are out to get you.

GT Legacy - AWD turbo shagin wagon
Swift GTi - new boy racer daily
Gen4 JDM Honda Prelude VTiR - FS $6K. pm me. vtec yo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 22:49 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

I dunno if a pyjama party is the way to go steve, but perhaps some LESS risky/hazard free options could be loked into...i think maccas trays with 10 plus crs would look good on a video...tray drags..??...hmm...see, save the milk n cookies...get to maccas..!!

Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2004, 11:37 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

all i can say is i cant wait till i get my licence bak as that was the only thing that stopped me from turning up. rather then a CON wat bout a cruise or somethin like that even if its only a short one but somethin that wont attract the cops, as Steve said they are starting to crack down hard and they will do so even more now after that death in woodlands.

But just something that isnt as risky would do.

Gona have to be after the 25th of may though, well would be good if it is after then as i will be able drive :twisted:

Steve

a gf but doesnt talk back when you give it shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2004, 15:56 

Steve wrote:
Chris - your new starion... loved it. Sure you only running 7psi??

Yep! Only 7psi at that stage. LOL =P. I got it up to 10psi Tues or Wednesnight with some super-cool "stix" air. :shock:

Great night. Bitch to see all those mini-accidents. Good to see that they weren't too major and we didn't have a repeat of the "Pete night". It was a shame to see the cops turn up and we lost Simon. Steve, I have no idea what you said to the cops, but, once again, you got off. You sure you didn't slip them a fiver or something "else"?

Hope we can do it again soon. Oh, and, BUY MY CORDZ! SOMEONE!

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2004, 16:13 
Non-Cordia Owner

Yeh he slipped them a piece of his bacon, lol.

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2004, 20:49 
Expert Wheel Alignments
Expert Wheel Alignments

First and foremost ... Rob likes to lick goat balls
Now that we have got that out of the way,
Quote:
wat bout a cruise or somethin like that even if its only a short one but somethin that wont attract the cops

10-20cordias in a row will ALWAYS attract the cops, always...

Im sure another CON will be on the go soon. It will just take someone to post a spur of the moment like Chris did for this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2004, 16:49 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

i know that it will attract attention but if we are smart about it and have it some where that we will not attract that much attention we might get away with it.

The Dandenongs or some shit like that.

Just had a thought how many of you guys like road rallies in your own cars?

cause we could always go out bush and do some shit like that maybe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2004, 16:57 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Who bloody cares if it attracts attention, as long as we leave the hooning to where there r no cops then they cant do shit.

10-20 cordias in a row would look sick and a cruise would be awesome.

-Loss

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2004, 16:58 
Non-Cordia Owner

Dandenongs are full of cops these days besides, its been done to death, if you want twisties you need to go to remote roads that arent as popular, around King Lake etc.

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2004, 17:36 
Superuser
Superuser

I agree Spike.

I recall after the first couple of Melbourne meets (back when the Yahoo group only just started up) that Steve mentioned the possibility of a whole-day cruise where we'd meet up with everyone from Sydney and Canberra.

That seemed like a great idea at the time, although these things need a fair bit of planning and it never got off the ground as no-one was prepared to put the time into it. Can't say I blame them!!

A country cruise would be awesome - theres plenty of places you could take it. I'd definitely be in it and also be willing to help organise it if need be......

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2004, 19:04 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

your've got another helping hand here to organise it too

The more ppl we can get in one somethin like this the better it would be and the easier it would be to organise.

I dont know if anyone on here has heard of the Golf Fields Lotus Club Challenge (held each October) but it is a weekend long comp that is done in your own cars, goes through the country on pre set courses and you have to answer questions and stuff like that on the way, its not a race but its heaps of fun, as you find out who is listening to the rules and who isnt, also you see how many ppl dont actually consentrate when they are driving.

But no a country cruise or somethin like that would be great

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2004, 19:11 
Expert Wheel Alignments
Expert Wheel Alignments

Quote:
as long as we leave the hooning to where there r no cops then they cant do shit.

I use to believe this as well. The fact is, if you find a cop that has had a fight with his missus before putting his uniform on, he WILL dik you for anything he wants, despite if your in the wrong or right. Its unfair, and it sucks, but its happens.
Regardless, the next CON is going ahead... keep checking the forums

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2004, 19:53 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

A cruise to the drive in would be cool. The draman one is a bit of a hike, but could head out to coborg way. Pretty quick trip out through hawthorn, kew way, can just take burke rd all the way to. Few options. These days they don't finish to late cos its getting dark early, so for those of us (me) who work early it would be cool. I'll bring the jump starter for those who want to keep the subs working during the movie.

I like the idea of a movie, but most places in the city its hard to enjoy the movie if your stressing over who's outside fuking round with your ride in the carpark.

Drive in solves all problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2004, 20:02 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

True dat,

hate leavin the car at any shopping center but i have to as i work in one every day

but anythin to get the car out on the road for a while and meet ppl from here is all im after as i missed the last CON

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2004, 14:05 
Superuser
Superuser

I've not been to a CON so I don't really know what's involved, however from reading what's happened at the last couple many people seem to go for a "bit of a hoon" after getting together and having a yak.

I'm really interested in turning up to the next one to catch up with everyone and put faces & cars to names, and have a look at what others have done to their rides, however I'm a wuss when it comes to getting attention from the wrong places so if it turns into a similar thing to the last one I'll probably dib out.

To me, a cruise is still a good way to get together and do all this but it implies that there is some organisation and formality about it. This means maps, timetables etc so all interested people can see what's on offer, which in theory should get MORE cars involved.

Some examples would be:

Coast Cruise
Have 2 or 3 meeting points, with everyone leaving at a time which should see all cars meeting up in somewhere like Werribee. We then head down to the Great Ocean Road, stop somewhere for lunch (bbq, cafe, byo sangas or whatever), turn round at Apollo Bay and come back again.

It used to be an awesome drive quite a few years ago, dunno what it's like now but the colder months would probably be better for a cruise.

Hills Cruise
Everyone meets up somewhere like the Camberwell car park. We head up to Belgrave, then to Monbulk over to Seville then up the highway to Warburton. Next is up Woods Point Rd all the way to Marysville - another 10km to Buxton and there's a really cool cafe (or there was!) that we could invade for lunch. Its then a gentle cruise back down Maroondah Hwy to Healesville and home from there.

There are some great, quiet, winding roads in all that which I have driven a few times. The only hassle we'd have is if it was done in the middle of winter as Woods Point Road can get a bit slippery if there's been snow......

Interstate get-together
There's two options here:
1/ We meet up with everyone from Adelaide. Simply meet somewhere near Melbourne, drive along the Western Highway and meet up with the croweaters in either Nhill or Kaniva. The locals won't know what has hit them as these are both quiet towns, but both with good pubs and parks so we could chat over either a counter meal or bbq.

2/ We meet up with everyone from Sydney and Canberra. Again meet somewhere near Melbourne (or maybe Seymour) then drive up the freeway/highway and hook up with the others in Albury or Wodonga. There's got to be heaps of spots we could have a bbq or whatever at.

Two detractions to this would be that both are pretty boring and long drives (although going to Albury is by freeway the whole way now so swapping spots in the 'convoy' would keep things interesting), and it relies on someone in Sydney & Canberra or Adelaide organising a similar cruise from their end.

The last thing I'd wanna do is arrange it all and 15 of us get there and find only 2 or 3 people from the "other side" have made the effort to come.

All the above is really just hot air, but this is what I'd like to see happen so what better way of raising interest but to make some suggestions and provide a bit of detail!?!

Sorry if I've whored the thread to the extent that it needs to be split and moved to the Cruise forum, but it's gotta start somewhere.