It is currently 23 May 2024, 16:51

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cordia part sources
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 20:46 

Your car: 1987 Mitsubishi Cordia GSR(?) USA Unleaded version Turbocharged
Would any of you have any suggestions for U.S. based suppliers for the Cordia? Currently I'm looking for a rebuilt engine, and about the only place I can find one is Ebay.

Ebay 4G62 Link

Other than the engine itself, I would also (Eventually) need a source for a new Turbo (Preferably the TC06 as used in your Australian Leaded Cordias, but I'll take TC05 if that's all I can find.)

Simple things, like Struts, Springs, etc. the easily produced OEM parts I can find at part stores around here.

Questions:

Will any custom ECU work? What parts from a 4G63 engine will fit on the 4G62? From what little reading I just did here, Rods can be interchanged, but what else? I know I can get parts for the 4G63 engine, as it was used for nearly all Mitsu cars in the day. How hard is it and what parts would I need to convert over to a 4G63BT engine? What's a DASH engine, and what's a vr4 engine?

Basically looking to gain information on my car, as it was NOT popular in this country at All, everybody is like "An Accord(ia)?" Or "Never heard of it."

Post subject: Re: Cordia part sources
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 21:10 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I don't know where you would get a rebuilt engine in the US, why don't you buy the ebay one?

A tc06 you may have to source from Australia or possibly ebay. Kando Dynamic sell reasonable priced good quality Mitsubishi type turbos.

I live here in Australia and I still buy some Cordia spares from Rockauto in the US.

Cordias are very easy to fit aftermarket ecus to, most brands would work.

A dash engine is a 3 valve per cylinder 4g63. A vr4 engine is a dohc 4g63 like from an Eclipse.