It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:37

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 08:56 

Your car: AC Turbo Cordia, standard 4g62 with forged pistons, rings and mild cam. With a high flowed TC06, intercooler and a straight 3" exhaust. Interior and exterior is standard.
Hello All,

I'm currently un the process of restoring my 86 AC Turbo Cordia. So far I have had the motor rebuilt with forged internals and a mild cam and I've also have the Gearbox rebuild as well. Among a few other things like a new radiator, bushes and so on..

I just took the turbo out on the weekend to sent it off to get rebuilt and high flowed, but I discovered as most AC's it had the TC06 turbo in it not the standard TC05. This raised the question has the ECU been changed for at AA or AB model as they produced more power.

Is there a way I can tell which ECU is in the car????? as like most Cordia’s I have a fuel injector leak and I am wanting to replace them for new aftermarket injectors or good second hand ones. But I currently have one black top and one grey top injector in it.

Many thanks,
Tristan

Attachments:
IMG_20130918_125322nn.jpg
IMG_20130918_125322nn.jpg [ 40.89 KiB | Viewed 9366 times ]
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 16:50 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Couple of options here for you..........does your Airflow meter have 2 bypass holes?.....if yes it's an AB one.

Your AC sounds like it has been converted back to AB, do you have an oxy sensor in the exhaust with the factory loom over the top of the rocker cover?

Do you have a catalytic converter?

Check out this thread:

http://cordiapower.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 21&start=0

Is this Hotdat's car?

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 08:48 

Your car: AC Turbo Cordia, standard 4g62 with forged pistons, rings and mild cam. With a high flowed TC06, intercooler and a straight 3" exhaust. Interior and exterior is standard.
Thanks for that I’ll have a look tonight at the Airflow meter and see.

But it does indeed have a cat but the oxygen sensor lead doesn’t got over the rocker cover.

I'm not sure who Hotdat is, but I picked it up from Wollongong about 6 months ago and towed it home. Since then I've started fixing it up as the engine and box was in pretty bad shape(really bad bottom end knock and the sequential gear was rooted).

I'm planning on keeping it fairly stock but with a few little mods like the forged internals, mild cam, high flow turbo and intercooler. I also moved the battery into to boot for that little bit extra space and better air flow to the intake.

Also do you know anything about these guys in the US apparently they have replacement injectors for both the AA-AB and the AC http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/starion-conquest

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 10:28 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

These injectors were used in Steve's car from CordiaFreaks (which is now wrecked).....they worked well but the actual fuel rail sits 30 - 40mm higher with a cylinder washer, but still clears the bonnet.

Work out what you need first, I have a few AB, AC injectors in the shed.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 10:23 

Hey,

I looked at the airflow meter and it only has 1 bypass hole, so i would assume its an AC ecu then is that corect?

And if you do have a good spare set im more then happy to buy them off you or if not ill order an new set from that company in the us.

Thanks heaps

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 10:23 

Hey,

I looked at the airflow meter and it only has 1 bypass hole, so i would assume its an AC ecu then is that corect?

And if you do have a good spare set im more then happy to buy them off you or if not ill order an new set from that company in the us.

Thanks heaps

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 10:28 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

One bypass hole in the AFM is AC..........sounds like you need only one AC injector?

If your handy with a soldering iron make yourself an error checker:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16819&p=162259&hilit=error+codes#p162259

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 17:29 

Thanks,

I'm no good with a soldering iron, but I have just purchased a new set from that place in the US, so that should fix the leaky injectors and I also got a throttle body gasket kit.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 17:46 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

No probs...........let us know how you go...........I have 3 throttle body full rebuild kits in the shed from the USA.