It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:54

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Changing intake to L300
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2015, 13:50 

Your car: AC Turbo Cordia, standard 4g62 with forged pistons, rings and mild cam. With a high flowed TC06, intercooler and a straight 3" exhaust. Interior and exterior is standard.
Hello All,

I have a AC turbo cordia still running the 4g62 and just had an Adaptronic ecu put in the my cordia but I’m still running the standard intake, I have a 650 primary injector and a 950 secondary. The car made 130kw on 11psi at the wheels but it’s been tuned with staged injection and when the 2nd injector kicks in (at about -0.8psi) I’m getting a big flat spot. I've been told this is due to the larger injector cause it's too much of a change in the injector size.

My question is has anyone put in a L300 manifold on to change it to multi point injection, what’s power increase and what injectors did you run?

I have also been told by the tuner I can get a smaller injector to stop the flat spot but i know L300 manifolds are pretty cheap and as the car would need to be re dyno'ed with the different injector I was thinking going the whole hog and making it multipoint.

Thanks,

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2015, 15:18 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Use an inlet manifold off of a N/A Galant 4G64, these bolt straight onto the 62 motor with the throttle body on the end not the centre.

Run VR4 (blue top) injectors and you'll be fine........don't forget to change the fuel pressure regulator as it suits N/A only, not boost.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2015, 15:54 
Superuser
Superuser

Dont get a L300 manifold, reason is because the throttlebody is center positioned, just like a standard cordia injection setup, thus leaning out cylinder 1 and 4, regardless it having multipoint fuel injection. Get a magna/galant manifold instead, as stated in the above post.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 12:19 

Your car: AC Turbo Cordia, standard 4g62 with forged pistons, rings and mild cam. With a high flowed TC06, intercooler and a straight 3" exhaust. Interior and exterior is standard.
Thanks for the advise guys now I just need to find a Galant manifold from the wreckers .....

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2015, 23:07 

I'm having a bit of an issue finding a complete intake of a Galant or Magna. Do the intakes of the 4g63 motors fit??

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 19:42 

I believe all the 4G6... intake manifolds have the same bolt pattern but I could be wrong. 90's Hyundai Sonata's/elantra's also ran the 4G6 engine (under a different engine number) if that'll make it easier to find one.

http://mitsipedia.info/index.php?title=Sirius_family
That link tells you what cars the 4g6... "Sirius" motors were in and the Hyundai equivalent.
Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2015, 10:03 

Thabks for that. I've found a complet 4G63 evo 4 intake has anyone used one and is there anything I need to look out for.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2015, 11:11 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
I'm a little confused........do you want an inlet manifold for the SOHC or the DOHC?

The EVO 4 is for the DOHC engine but won't fit the VR4 version as the stud pattern and port sizes are different, VR4 is large port and EVO 4 is small port, this inlet manifold certainly won't fit a SOHC engine.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2015, 16:05 

sorry for the confusion but I have a SOHC 4G62t, and thanks for letting me know it wont fit.