It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 05:24

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2013, 16:25 

Hi all,
I have a heavily modified ab gsr turbo with the 4g62 motor,car has intercooler,bov ,boost controller,exhaust modified airbox and the yellow wire has been snipped.im having problems lately with the car when I floor it it gets to about 4500rpm and probably 10 psi than start jolting like fuel is being cut out or something but I cant find the problem???? im not sure on whether the valve near the dizzy for vacuum is the right way or not so may be the problem right there but I have tried turning it both ways and it doesn't seem to make any difference on a test drive,does this mean the vacuum advance unit on dizzy is US or not.any ideas peeps?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2013, 16:52 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Check error codes first, if you have cut the yellow wire the ECU will default to the AFM as it "sees" an error........you will need to put a fuel cut defender between the yellow wires.......this way the ECU will see the voltage yet it's clipped at a determined value.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2013, 19:38 

Hey bitza,cars never needed a fuel cut defender before but guess I could get one, whilst waiting for replies I pulled the dizzy out changed bits from another dizzy now the car won't even start it just turns over and backfires occasionally , so in big trouble now ,does the dizzy have to go back in the exact place or just near where it was? So do I need a multimeter to check error codes or is a test light ok and is there a place on here shock tells me error codes?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2013, 19:51 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16819&p=162259&hilit=error+codes#p162259

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

You can search for what you want. :)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 14:18 

hey finally got it running again but think I may have stuffed the motor or bend valves,car will run but as soon as it goes over 1500rpm it just backfires so not sure what im going to do now.what is the best engine upgrades for cordias and what type of price am I looking at to get a engine and whatever I need to run it like computer and stuff?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 20:41 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
I'd be checking if the dizzy is in right and the codes just like Andrew has said, why would you have bent the valves? did the timing belt snap or have you had it off?

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 23:04 

Was just dunno g really rough so thought maybe since I had the dizzy out I could have done damage, did some checks today and motor is fine but its running really bad and won't rev without backfiring.tried using a test light to test fault codes on the plug on the drivers side near the air of and firewall but test light was showing nothing at all I tried it whilst car was idling and off but couldn't get anything. Any other ideas, is it possible computer has died since I'm not getting error codes?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 23:10 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

A test light won't work.......best to use an analogue meter and count the pulses....or put an LED in the connector (just make sure it has a resistor)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2013, 23:35 

Ok will try something tommorow and post back ,thanks for all the help

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2020, 17:14 

Your car: 1987 Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800 GSR
1981 Mitsubishi Lancer EX GSL
hirdy22 wrote:
Hi all,
I have a heavily modified ab gsr turbo with the 4g62 motor,car has intercooler,bov ,boost controller,exhaust modified airbox and the yellow wire has been snipped.im having problems lately with the car when I floor it it gets to about 4500rpm and probably 10 psi than start jolting like fuel is being cut out or something but I cant find the problem???? im not sure on whether the valve near the dizzy for vacuum is the right way or not so may be the problem right there but I have tried turning it both ways and it doesn't seem to make any difference on a test drive,does this mean the vacuum advance unit on dizzy is US or not.any ideas peeps?

Hey hirdy22, did you ever get this problem solved? I've been having the same problem for a good couple of years now and I still haven't got to the bottom of it so keen to know if you found a solution. My "yellow wire" has also been cut.