It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 22:55

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2004, 23:28 

Gday Im having the following problems with my 2.0L SOHC Cordia.

When the car starts the idle surges between near stall and 3000rpm. Sometimes holding at 3000rpm for periods of a couple of minutes then dropping. At the same time shes pumping out black and grey smoke (Obviously fuel) quite heavily. I initially started looking for vaccuum leaks in the intercooler piping and surrounding areas when I found one between the throttle body and the manifold. I bought a new gasket from mtsbsi and fitted it. For a while (1/2 hour) the car ran smooth but still at high revs (2500rpm). Then suddenly after a few blats down the street the idle went back to the up down caper along with what seemed like a rev limiting style of shunt at only 4-5000rpm which almost stalls the car whilst doing 60ks.

Even after fitting the new gasket im now leaking coolant from the back of the throttle body. mtsbsi spares said not to use gasket goo or glue as it doesn't need it!? sound right?! Im not sure now.

Any help would be appreciated.
Punz