It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:32

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 00:08 

Wanted: Yes, I know it's a little strange, but a 1985 (I suppose) Cordia turbo from Switzerland entered at a junkyard here in my country, Spain, and I bought it. The problem is that here is not possible to sell a whole car from a junkyard if has given a final deregistration... But the car was so good, so I insisted and they accepted to sell me the whole car without chassis number and the two plates from the engine. To be able to register the car again as an historic car (because has more than 25 years) I need another VIN number from a Cordia Turbo, it doesn't matter colour, version, where was made or even if is listed as destroyed in it's country. It just needs to be a 1.6 turbo model.

This is the car... I can't belive they wanted to destroy this car only because the turbo seems to be broken (but I can understand it, here is almost impossible to get parts).

And this is the engine problem (as I said, I think is due to the turbo)

And here images from the junkyard where it was. Just entered there, but was not decontaminated or anything, I bought it when it entered there.

I'm from Spain, so I'll pay the shipping because I don't think anybody will help me here. If you can help me, please, contact me, I really want to be able to drive this car!

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015, 10:12 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Your car: UFO
Wow this looks to be in very good condition. I hope someone on here can help you out.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2015, 12:40 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
You will be hard pressed to get plates for a 1.6 carby Turbo, most of ours were the 1.8 ECI injected.

Good luck find ones though.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 00:27 

Thank you very much, I know it's something quite difficult but I still want to get a chassis code from a 1.6 turbo model... If I can't find anything in this time, I still can use another code and make an engine change homologation... but if it's possible, I want to avoid that. A real Cordia 1.6 turbo needs to have a real 1.6 turbo code, because I want to have the most "original" condition as possible.

I dissassembled the turbo and that seems to be the problem, so now I'm trying to rebuild it.

Thank you again!

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2015, 10:23 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: 1987 AC Cordia
N/A DOHC 2.0 4g63

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #805/873

UZZ32 Soarer Active
Build #556/873

UZZ31 Soarer Limited
Beautiful car mate!