It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:27

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2004, 22:25 

Ok, I bet you all wondered how to change your springs? I am a bit of a guru, I've done it heaps of times now bro.....

Back, easy! Jack up back of car using tools.

Remove rear wheel. Undo 14mm bolt at bottom of strut. Put a trolly jack under it and place load on spring to compress it slightly. Then you can remove the bolt, remove the spring, then install new king spring....

Front, slightly harder, but still easy... You will need spring compressors, I got some for $50 at auto one and they are so handy! Most automotive shops sell them, just ring around a few....

When car is still on ground pop da hood bro and loosen off the 19mm bolt at the top of the struts quite a bit.

Loosen wheel nuts then jack up car and put on stands....

Remove wheels, remove the bolt which holds the brake line to the strut (12mm) Then undo the two 17mm bolts and nuts which hold the strut to the thing below, maybe called a hub? I dunno what it's called, Push the strut out of that thing using a wheel brace or a large screwdriver, inserted from above. Be careful that the driveshaft does not come out of the gearbox, or all the gearbox juices will flow onto the ground, making a nasty stain!

Then you can undo the two 14mm bolts which hold the stut on to the strut tower, but make sure you are wearing safety boots because the strut may fall on your feet!

Use spring compressors on spring, then remove the 19mm bolt at the top of the strut.

Remove funny plate then swivel plate.

Assembally is the opposite of removal.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/samuel_cordia

1980 EX lancer EX2000 replica.