It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:24

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My '99 VFR800
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 12:12 
Non-Cordia Owner

Guys and gals,
Just wanted to share pics of my new bike…essentially the reason I sold my Cordia.
I bought the bike in September after I got off my L's. I spent a little more than I'd planned to but I just couldn’t pass up such a sweet bike.
It was immaculately taken care of by two previous owners and tastefully modified to enhance it's showroom manufactured perfection. The VFR really is the 'perfect' bike IMO and most owners would agree, so much so that you start to notice the most trivial and insignificant design faults, like the shade of the faring bolts or the font used on the tacho, lol.
The V4 is the best sound you'll ever hear from a bike, especially with the Staintune can, it just blasts out this man-size rumble that sheds light on the feeling of power you might experience from the big bore when you twist your wrist. Even a half assed effort is more than adequate to provide a good dose of embarrassment when you see a new Club Sport or GTO shoot off in front of you at the lights…it's really no challenge at all. I fudging love my bike :)

Mods:
Staintune full length exhaust
Racetech rear strut with Eibach spring
Powercommander 2
K&N Filter
Corbin custom seat
Handlebar risers

So here's some pics:
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5142/img1244fk7.jpg
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5297/n ... 982ye3.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4568 ... 329ee0.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1455 ... 656bu8.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1448 ... 987yf3.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2994 ... 320sx4.jpg

Enjoy ;)

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 17:55 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Nice Cafe' Racer. I was reading the good doctor today and here's a little slice that may or may not be relevant.

"A thoroughbred Cafe' Racer will ride all night through a fog storm in freeway traffic to put himself into what somebody told him was the ugliest and tightest diminishing-radius loop turn since Genghis Khan invented the corkscrew"

"My bike is so much faster than yours that i dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE. That is the attitude of the new-age superbike freak.....On some days they are about the most fun you can have with your clothes on."

Nice bike mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 08:08 
Non-Cordia Owner

Lol, the bottomless pit of torque is pretty much spot on, hahaha. However I'm a bit of a nanna when it comes to riding, I think the only time the front wheel has been slightly lifted off the ground was completely unintentional when I just fed it too much 'twist'. Sure I give it a few squirts up the street just to remind me that, yes, it is an 800, but most of the time I'm commuting to/from work and trying to aviod the abundance of fudging dick-stains on the road trying to run me over.

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 21:15 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Yeah, my mate owns a VFR800 and he took me out on it and was all fine until he took it over 7000rpm then my ass lifted off the seat about a foot and i nearly ended up being roadkill for the truck behind us. Scared the piss out of me. Good fun though!

And just be glad you don't ride it in Sydney. That would seriously shorten your life expectancy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2007, 11:15 

*drool* ive wanted a honda vfr since back when they were still 750's

aparently the newer ones with the vtec aint quite as good... its aparently like riding a 2 stroke... they have smoothed it out a lil but the true lovers believe the last one before the vtec is the best one... still i'd be happy with any model :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2007, 22:48 
Superuser
Superuser

i've never been one to want a bike but have been on the back of some fast ones, a chick i knew owned a GSXR 750 and took me the back for a 220kmph strap down the highway and if that wasn't enough her mate threw me on the back of his ZZR 1100 complete with a flip down number plate that had the letters FAR Q under it. that bike scared me out of ever wanting to own one... but i'm sure you're a responsible rider *raises eyebrows* i mean you've owned a cordia ;) just gotta watch all the other nuts on the road, good luck with the bike, i'm sure it'll bring many years of enjoyment